iPad Pro 11 and 12.9 provide an incredible tablet experience. These addictive iPads inspire heavy use and portable chargers for iPad Pro 11 and iPad Pro 12.9 multiply your browsing time. Both the iPad Pro 11 and 12.9 (the 2018 Gen 3 & the latest 2020 Gen 4 models) come with Apple 18-watt USB-C Power Delivery (PD) power adapters. This means that 18-watt USB-C PD power banks will charge your iPad Pros at the same fast speed as your Apple iPad Pro wall chargers.
Also, USB-C Power Delivery portable chargers can be charged super-fast in just 4 to 6 hrs with iPad Pro 2018/2020 Apple power adapters. Another great thing is that USB-C PD power banks will also fast-charge the latest iPhone 12 series, 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, XR, SE 2020, XS/Max, & X/8/8+ from zero to 60% in 30 mins with a USB-C to Lightning cable.
If you have a MacBook Air or Pro (after 2015), an 87-watt USB-C PD power bank or a 60-watt USB-C PD power bank will also fast charge Macbook Pro/Air as fast as Apple Macbook adapters. This means you can fast-charge your Macbook, iPad Pro and iPhone – all at fastest possible speeds from a single portable charger!
Here is our selection of best USB-C PD fast-charging best power banks for iPad Pro 2018 (11 and 12.9) as well the latest iPad Pro 2020 (11 and 12.9)
Best USB-C Power Delivery Portable Charger for iPad Pro 11 & 12.9
Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 PD 18-watt USB-C PD
The Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 PD portable charger is our top choice for iPad Pro 11 and iPad 12.9 as it combines adequate 20000 mah capacity with 18-watt USB-C PD fast charging supported by the latest iPad Pros and iPhone 12/11/XR etc. PowerCore Essential 20000 PD will fully charge the iPad Pro 11 or 12.9 one time, and still have enough battery remaining to give two full charges to your iPhone 12/12 Pro/11/11 Pro/XR/X/XS/8+.
iPad Pro 12.9″ has a 9720mAh battery while the 11-inch version has a smaller 7800 mah battery. This means you can charge iPad Pro 11 from 20% to 100% two times with a good 20000mAH battery (about 14000 mAH effective output) .
PowerCore Essential 20000 PD can be fully charged with the iPad Pro 11 & 12.9 Apple USB-C adapters or iPhone 11 Pro/Max, 11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Macbook USB-C power adapters in about 6 hours.
The Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 PD supports 18-watt USB-C PD output and hence fast-charges the iPad Pros at same speed as the Apple iPad Pro 11/12.9 chargers. It also fast charges the latest USB-C supporting iPhones: iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro/12 Pro Max, iPhone 11/11 Pro/Max, XR/XS/X/8/8+ etc. from zero to 60% in 30 minutes with a USB-C to Lightning cable.
Besides fast-charging the iPad Pros, older iPads, and latest iPhones (12 series, 11/11 Pro/XR/XS/X/XS Max/11 Pro Max/8/8+), PowerCore Essential 20000 PD will also fast-charge most latest Samsung and other Android phones (including Samsung Galaxy S20, S10+, S10, S9+, S9, Note 10/9/8, Pixels) as it supports both 18-watt USB-C PD and 18-watt QuickCharge 3.0/2.0 from the USB port. Also if you have an older iPhone (7, 7 Plus or older) then PowerCore Essential 20000 PD will charge the older iPhones (6/6s/7/7 Plus/5s/SE) from the USB port at 12-watts or twice as fast as Apple 5-watt iPhone chargers.
The power bank has dimensions of 6.2 x 2.9 x 0.8 inches and this makes it slimmer than most 20000 mah power banks in the market. PowerCore Essential 20000 PD weighs about 12.5 (about 350 grams), which is lighter than almost any other similar capacity power bank.
Recommended wall chargers: The wall-charger that comes with iPad Pro 2020/18 will also fast-charge this power bank. However, for heavy users and less clutter, Anker 36-watt Dual PD port charger or Aukey 36-watt Dual PD port charger are a great option as they provide two PD ports. These both can fast-charge both your iPad Pro 2020/18 and PowerCore Essential 20000 PD at the same time, or fast-charge both your iPad Pro and your iPhone 12 series, 11/11 Pro/Max, XR/XS/XS Max/X, 8,8+ from zero to 50% in 30 mins at the same time.
- Fast charges the iPad Pro 11/12.9 at same 18-watt fast speed as Apple iPad Pro power adaptors
- Fast charges all the latest iPhones iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro/Max, 11/11 Pro/Max, XS/XR/8 from zero to 60% in 30 minutes with USB-C to Lightning cable.
- 18-watt USB-C PD output fast-charges iPad Pro 11 2018/2020 once + most iPhones two times
- Will fast charge iPad Pro 12.9 2018 once + iPhone 8 two times
- Fast charges iPhone 11/11 Pro/XR almost five times, or iPhone 8 seven times
- Can be fully charged in just 6 hours with Apple iPad Pro 11 or 12.9 2018/2020 USB-C chargers or Macbook chargers or iPhone 11 Pro/11 Pro Max chargers
- Supports both 18-watt USB-C Power Delivery and 18-watt Quickcharge 3.0 for fast-charging Samsung and most other Android phones
- Weighs just 12.5 oz/350 grams – lightest in class
- 2.4 amp fast charging for charging older iPhones fast
- Excellent build quality
- Good quality USB-C to USB-C cable included. This is required to fast-charge iPad Pros with the power bank. Otherwise, you have to take-out the USB-C/USB-C cable from your iPad charger every time you want to charge the iPad, or buy a new cable. Once you consider the price of the cable PowerCore Essential 20000 PD costs same or lower than our #2 pick.
- 0.8 inch thickness. This is 20% slimmer than most typical 20000 mAH power banks that are about 1 inch thick.
- None. Negative reviews of this power bank complain that it can only be charged with a USB-C PD wall charger. This is not an issue for iPad Pro 11/12.9 or iPhone 11 Pro/ 11 Pro Max users as iPad Pro 11 and iPad Pro 12.9 come with a high quality 18-watt USB-C PD charger that can be used to fast-charge the PowerCore Essential 20000 PD in 6 hours. In fact, you can even charge it with older iPhone/Android chargers using a USB-C to USB-A cable.
Best USB-C Power Delivery Portable Charger for iPad Pro 11 & 12.9 2018/2020 (Close Runner-Up)
Aukey 20000 PD 18-watt USB-C PD Portable Charger
Aukey 20000 PD portable charger is next top pick for both iPad Pro 2020 & 2018 models as this portable charger has enough capacity to fully charge the iPad Pros once, and still give two full charges for your iPhone 12/11/11 Pro/Max/XR/X/XS/8/8+. Aukey 20000 PD will get fully charged with the USB-C Power Delivery charger that comes with the iPad Pro 11 & 12.9 in about 6 hours. It also features micro-USB input, meaning you can even charge the portable charger with your old Apple iPhone or Android chargers if required.
And all top of all, it will also fast charge the latest iPhones 12/11/11 Pro/Max, XR/XS/X etc. from zero to 60% in 30 minutes via USB-C PD with a USB-C to Lightning cable.
The power bank will fully charge your iPad Pro 12.9 (2018/2020) one time and still, have enough capacity to charge an iPhone 8 twice. Same way, it will fully charge your iPad Pro 11 (2018/2020) one time and still, have enough capacity to fully charge an iPhone 12 Pro twice.
Aukey 20000 PD fast-charges iPad Pros, all latest iPhones (12 series/11/11 Pro/XR/XS/X/XS MAX/11 Pro Max), and also fast-charges latest Samsung and other Android phones (S20, Note 20/10/9, S10, S9, LG G8/G7, Pixel 5/4/3 etc.) phones as it supports both 18-watt USB-C PD and QuickCharge 3.0. Aukey 20000 PD also supports 2.4 amp charging which charges older iPhones (6/6s/7/7 Plus) at fastest possible speed and twice as fast as Apple chargers.
Aukey 20000 PD can be charged in two ways – with a USB-C cable, and with micro-USB cable that comes with many old Android phones.
The power bank has dimensions of 6.22 x 2.8 x 0.73 inches and weighs about 11.8 oz (about 335 grams).
Aukey 20000 PD Pros
- Can fast-charge your iPad Pro 11 (2018/2020) one time + still charge iPhone 12/11/XR twice
- Fast charges iPad Pro 12.9 (2020) once + iPhone 8 two times
- Alternatively, fast charges iPhone 12 or 11/XR five times, or iPhone 8 seven times
- Fast charges all the latest iPhones 12/11/11 Pro/Max, XS/XR/8 from zero to 55-60% in 30 minutes with USB-C to Lightning cable.
- Gets fully charged in 6 hours with Apple iPad Pro 2018 USB-C chargers
- Weighs just 11.8 oz which is lightest we have seen for 20000 mAh
- .73 inch thickness makes it slimmest 20K PD power bank!
- Gives the user the flexibility of charging the power bank via USB-C or micro-USB
- Has both 18-watt USB-C Power Delivery and QuickCharge 3.0
- 2.4 amp fast charging for older iPhones
- Reasonably priced for such high capacity & modern slim/compact design
- No USB-C to USB-C cable included. iPad Pro 11/12.9 require USB-C/USB-C cable for fast-charging. This is one of the reasons why we have placed Aukey 20000 PD at #2.
Best USB-C PD Portable Charger for iPad Pro 12.9 / 11 and MacBooks – 60-watt USB-C PD Portable Charger
RAVPower 20000 60-watt PD is our pick as high-capacity high-output portable charger in the market with an output of 60-watt, which is perfect for charging Macbooks as well as iPad Pros 2018/2020. The portable charger will fast-charge iPad Pro 11 or 12.9 (2018/2020) once and still have enough battery left to charge almost all iPhones twice.
RAVPower 20000 60-watt PD has two charging ports – one 60-watt USB-C PD port and one regular USB port. This allows the power bank to charge two phones at once. For example, it will charge fast-charge iPad Pro with USB-C port and also charge any iPhone at fast speed at the same time with the second port.
The RAVPower 20000 60-watt PD charges both the 2018/2020 iPad Pros at fastest speeds, but its defining feature is 60-watt PD output for charging MacBooks. The power bank has 60-watt USB-PD for charging MacBooks which is currently the fastest possible charging speed for Macbooks from reasonably priced portable chargers.
It will fully charge all small-screen iPhones 8/7/6s/6/SE/5s about seven times and all large-screen iPhones (12/11/11 Pro/XS/XR/X/8+/7+) about five times.
RAVPower 20000 60-watt PD gets fully charged in 6 hours with the iPad Pro 2018 USB-C PD chargers or in 3 hours with a Macbook charger or a 30-watt USB-C PD wall charger . It can be charged in two ways – with a micro-USB cable or with a USB-C cable.
The portable charger weighs about 13.2 oz (about 375 grams) and has the dimensions of 6.3 x 3 x 0.9 inches.
- Can charge your iPad Pro 11 (2018/2020) one time + still charge most iPhones twice
- Fast charges iPad Pro 12.9 (2018/2020) once + iPhone 8 two times
- Alternatively, fast charges iPhone 12/11/XR five times, or iPhone 8 seven times
- 18-watt USB-C PD support charges latest iPhones 12/11/11 Pro/Max, XS/XR/8 etc. from zero to 60% in just 30 minutes
- Fast-charges all latest iPhones, latest iPads, Macbook Airs, and Macbook Pro
- 60-watt PD charging for Macbooks
- USB-C to USB-C cable included
- Gets fully charged in 6 hours with iPad Pro 2018/2020 charger and in 3 hrs with a Macbook charger or 30-watt PD charger
- Weighs 13.2 oz which is great for 20000 mAh
Best Ultra-Light PD Portable Charger for iPad Pro 11 & 12.9
20000mah power banks weigh a minimum 13 oz (340 grams). If you want a lighter power-backup solution, then RAVPower 10000 PD is a premium build ultra-light USB-C PD portable charger and stands out from other lightweight PD portable chargers as it is capable of fast-charging both the iPad Pro and an iPhone simultaneously. This is because RAVPower 10000 PD has a high total output of 29-watt (18-watt USB-C PD + 11 watt USB) compared to 18-watt of almost every other light 10000 mah PD charger. This means RAVPower 10000 PD can charge the iPad Pro or the latest iPhones at 18-watt from the USB-C PD port and at the same time also charge an iPhone from its regular USB port at 11 watts – twice as fast as Apple 5-watt charger.
RAVPower 10000 PD will charge your iPad Pro 11 or 12.9 at high speed with 18-watt USB-C Power Delivery charging. It will charge your iPad Pro 11 about 50% once and still have enough battery to charge an iPhone XR or iPhone 11 fully. If used to charge just the iPhones, RAVPower 10000 PD can charge iPhone 12, 11/11 Pro/XS/XR/X/8/8+ fully two times. The power bank can fast charge all latest iPhones (iPhone 12/11/11 Pro/Max/XR/XS/8/XS max) from 0 to 50% in just 30 minutes.
RAVPower 10000 PD supports USB-C PD 18-watt for latest iPhones (12, 11, 11 Pro/Max, XR/XS/X/XS MAX) and Samsung/Pixels and other Android phones that support USB-C PD.
RAVPower 10000 PD gets fully charged in just 3.5 hours with the iPad Pro 11 or iPad Pro 12.9 USB-C charger. It weighs 6.7 oz (192 grams) and has dimensions of 4.4 x 2 x 1 inch.
RAVPower 10000 PD Pros
- Fast charges iPad Pro 11 to 50% + iPhone XR once
- Fast charges iPad Pro 12.9 (2018/2020) half + iPhone 8 once
- Alternatively, fast charges iPhone 12/11/XR two times, or iPhone 8 three times
- Charges latest iPhones 12/11/11 Pro, XR/XS/X/8/8+ etc. zero to 60% in just 30 minutes
- 29-watt total output charge iPad Pro and any iPhone simultaneously
- Takes 3.5 hours to get fully charged with the iPad Pro 11/12.9/iPhone 11 Pro/11 Pro Max chargers
- Small in size, and easy to hold
- Comes with a good quality USB-C/USB-C cable
- Costs almost same as a 20000 mAh PD portable charger
Best USB-C Power Delivery Portable Charger for iPad Pro 2020/2018 and Macbooks with bundled PD charger
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 45-watt USB-C PD with 60-watt USB-C PD charger
PowerCore Elite III 25600 60-watt version with 65-watt USB-C PD charger
PowerCore Elite III 25600 87-watt version Two USB-C ports & with 65-watt USB-C PD PPS charger
Portable chargers that can charge Macbooks at fast 45/60 or 87-watt speed are very rare. Anker PowerCore+ 26800 is a 26800 mAH 45-watt USB-C PD portable charger that comes with a 60-watt USB-C power adapter and fast-charges iPad Pro 11 and iPad Pro 12.9 (2018/2020) fully two times at their fastest possible charging speed. Or it will charge iPad Pro 11/12.9 fully one time and still have enough charge to fully recharge iPhone 12/11/XR three times!. However, its most remarkable feature is that it also fast-charges Macbook Air and Macbook Pros at fast 60-watt speeds and gives one full charge for all Macbook Pro and Macbook Airs.
For all its extensive features, Anker PowerCore+ 26800 45-watt offers top-notch quality for a very reasonable price and is also within TSA battery limits for carrying on flights. Anker’s latest PowerCore Elite III 25600 87-watt (87-watt version of this power bank and with two USB-C PD ports) is faster than this and charges Macbook Pro at 87-watt (as fast as Apple Macbook Adapter), but it costs a lot compared to the 60-watt version.
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 45-watt PD fast-charges all the latest iPhones – iPhone 12 series, 11/11 Pro/SE 2020, XR/XS/X/XS Max, 8, 8+ from zero to 60% in 30 minutes.
Besides fast-charging iPhones and iPads, Anker PowerCore+ 26800 45-watt will also fast-charge most of the latest Android phones that support 18-watt USB-C PD including Samsung Note 20/10 series, S20, S10, S10 Plus, S9 Plus, Pixel 4, 4a, 3 XL/3, etc. Its two regular USB ports are perfect for fast charging older iPhones (6/6s/7/7 Plus) at twice the speed of Apple chargers.
The key highlight feature of Anker PowerCore 26800 45-watt is its high 45-watt PD output that will fast-charge MacBooks (and many other Dell/HP/Lenovo laptops) at 45-watt speeds.
Another stellar feature of Anker PowerCore+ 26800 45-watt is that it gets charged in an incredible 3.5 hours with the included 65-watt USB-C PD charger. It will also get fully fast-charged with the iPad Pro 2020/2018 Power Delivery charger in almost 8 hours.
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 vs Anker PowerCore 20000 PD
Anker PowerCore 20000 PD was our previous favorite PD portable charger with included wall charger. However, Anker PowerCore+ 26800 offers way higher output (60-watt vs 24-watt of Anker PowerCore 20000 PD ). It also comes with a far better 65-watt PD charger (vs 30-watt of Anker PowerCore 20000 PD) and gets charged in almost half the time of PowerCore 20000 PD.
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD Pros
- Fast charges iPad Pro 11 once + iPhone 11/XR three times
- Fast charges iPad Pro 12.9 (2018/2020) once + iPhone 8 four times
- Alternatively, fast charges iPhone 12/11/XR five times, or iPhone 8 seven times
- Can fast charge iPad Pro 11 or iPad 12.9 fully two times
- One full charge for Macbook Pro 15
- Fast charges all the latest iPhones 12 series, 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, XS/XR/8/8+ from zero to 60% in 30 minutes.
- Fast charges latest iPads, iPhones and Android phones (S20/10, Note 20/10 Pixel, LG G8 ThinQ)
- 45-watt output for charging Macbooks
- Comes with a 60-watt PD charger that can also work as fast-charger for all latest iPhones, iPads as well as Macbook Air
- Impressive robust build quality
- Gets charged in just 3.5 hours with included charger
- USB-C to USB-C cable included
- No option to buy without wall charger.
- 45-watt & 60-watt models are too expensive compared to the much more capable 87-watt watt model with two USB-C PD ports, double the output, and an advanced included USB-C PD PPS charger.