Small and light power banks ensure that battery backup is always within our reach as they can easily fit in pockets, handbags or backpacks. As the real capacity of power banks is about 2/3 the advertised capacity, a good 10000mAH compact power bank will charge an iPhone 12/11/XR about three times from 20% to 100%.
Here is our selection of best ultra-compact small portable chargers for easy carry and handbags.
Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD for iPhones & Androids – 3 charges from 20% to 100% Also available in Australia
Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is our top pick as best ultra-compact and light weight portable chargers as they balance adequate battery capacity with small size at an acceptable price.
Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is out top pick as compact fast-charging power bank for latest iPhones 12/11 etc. and latest Samsung and other Android phones. Phones these days come with large batteries and a 10000 mAH power bank is minimum required for ensuring two charges.
All latest iPhones from iPhone 12/11/XR/X to iPhone 8/8+ support USB-C PD fast charging from zero to 60% in 30 minutes using a USB-C to Lightning Cable. Portable chargers that can fast-charge the latest USB-C PD iPhones and can also be charged super-quick via the USB-C chargers in under 4 hours are a very convenient.
Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is a high-quality USB-C PD power bank with weight and size of an smartphone. PowerCore Slim 10000 PD weighs just about 6.7 oz (175 gm). PowerCore Slim 10000 PD can be used to fast-charge all latest iPhones to 60% in 30 mins using a USB-C to Lightning Cable and also Samsung/LG/other Android phones using the USB-C/USB-C cable that comes with it.
The 10000 mah battery of PowerCore Slim 10000 PD will fully charge latest large screen iPhones such as iPhone XR/XS, 11, 11 Pro/Max/8, iPhone 12 series+ two times. It will fully charge all small-screen iPhones such as iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6/6s/5s/SE three times with some power left to spare. It will charge most Android phones such as Samsung Galaxy S20, S10, S10+, A51, A71, S9, Note 9/8, S8, S7 two times.
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD will charge iPhone XR/XS, 11, 11 Pro/SE 2/Max/8+/iPhone 12 series from zero to 60% in 30 minutes using a USB-C to Lightning Cable . It charges iPhone 8, 7, 6s, 6, SE etc. from zero to 50% in about 45-50 minutes. It will also charge most Samsung and other Android phones from zero to 50% in about 30-40 minutes.
The PowerCore Slim 10000 PD has two charging ports – an 18-watt USB-C PD port and a 12-watt regular USB port. This allows you to charge your phones with a wide range of cables and chargers.
The powerbank itself can also be charged via either the USB-C port (in 4 hours with an 18w PD charger). Charging time for the power bank with standard Apple 5-watt iPhone charger (using a USB-A to USB-C cable) is around 11-12 hours and with Samsung S20, S10/A51/S9/S8 USB-C charger is around 5 hours.
Build-quality wise, PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is the best mini portable charger we have seen with a design and attention to detail that stands out.
Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD What We Like!
- 18-watt USB-C PD support for all latest iPhones, and iPads including 2020 iPad Pros
- 18-watt USB-C PD support for all latest iPhones, iPads, Samsung, Pixels and other Android phones
- Charge time from zero to 50% – iPhone 8/7/6s/6/5s/SE (~45 mins), iPhone 12/11 series, XR/XS/X/8/8+/ (25-30 minutes), Samsung S10, S10+, S9+, S9, Note 10/9/8, Pixels (30-35 mins).
- Fully charges iPhone 8/7/6s/6/5s/SE three times.
- Fully charges iPhone 12/11 series, XR/XS/X/8+/7+ and Samsung S10, S9, S8/S7, other Android phones two times
- Gets charged in 4 hours with an 18w PD charger or Apple iPhone 11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Macbook/iPad Pro/Pixel chargers or S20/S20+ chargers
- Gets charged in 5 hours with Samsung S10/S9/S8/A51/A71, Note 9/8 chargers
- Gets charged in 12 hours with Apple iPhone 5-watt chargers.
- 6.7 oz (175 gram) weight is very light
- Half inch slim design is easy to hold
- Charges older iPhones (7, 7 Plus and older) twice as fast – 2.1 amps – than the standard 1-amp Apple iPhone chargers
- Rugged solid build quality
- Reasonable price considering the free USB-C USB-C cable that can be used to fast-charge the powerbank
What we do not like!
Best Lightest Compact Portable Charger with USB-C PD Fast-Charging (~4 oz/110 grams)
Motorola Turbo Power 5000 USB-C for latest iPhones & Androids – 2 charges from 40% to 100% for iPhone 12
Motorola Turbo Power 5000 is pick for latest iPhones 12/11 etc. & latest Samsung/LG/Pixels as it is the only super-compact to offer USB-C PD fast charging (zero to 60% in 30 mins for iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Mini, 11 etc.). Also it weighs just 3.8 oz (~100 grams)! And despite its small 3-inch x 1inch x 1.4 inch size, it packs 2 ports – One USB-C and one regular USB port – for charging phones. With tiny size and enough capacity to charge even the iPhone 12 Pro Max fully once, it is a great companion in handbags.
It will comfortably charge smaller iPhones SE 2020, 12 Mini, 6s, 6, two times from 20% to 100%. iPhone 12/11/XR can be charged from 40% to 100% two times and from zero to 60% in 30 mins. Samsung S20 Plus can be charged from 20% to 100% once. Motorola Turbo Power 5000 comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable and gets charged in 3 hours with a USB-C adapter.
The only thing we do not like about Motorola Turbo Power 5000 is that it can be charged only via the USB-C port and you need a USB-C cable to charge it. As latest iPhones 12/11/SE 2020/XR/Xs etc. now support USB-C PD fastest charging and do not come with a power adapter, it is a good idea to get a good single port or dual port USB-C PD adapter to fast-charge your iPhone to 60% in 30 mins and to charge the Motorola Turbo Power 5000. All latest Samsungs and other Android phones already come with USB-C chargers & USB-C cables and so it is not a issue for Android users.
Best Slim and Small Light Portable Charger with 2-amp Fast Charging
Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 Ultra Slim Portable Charger is our top pick as ultra-compact slim portable charger. This super slim portable charger is just 0.3 inch thick (8mm – same as iPhone 8), weighs just 4.5 oz (128 grams), and features 2.1 amp fast charging output. Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 charges iPhone 8, 7, 6/6s, SE, 5s at twice the speed of Apple phone chargers – zero to 50% in about 35-40 minutes. This is because it charges iPhone 8/7/6/6s/SE at their maximum supported 2.1 amp charging current. It will charge big-screen iPhones – all iPhone 12/11 series phones, XR, XS, XS Max, X, 8 Plus, 7 Plus, 6s/6 and most Android smartphones including Samsung S10, S9, S8 etc. from zero to 50% in 45-50 minutes.
5000 mAH battery capacity of Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 enables it to fully charge small-screen iPhones (iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6/6s, or iPhone SE, etc). from zero to 100% two times! It charges big-screen iPhones (all 12/11 series , XS, XR, X, 8+, 7+, 6+) from 40% to 100% about two times. It will charge Android phones such as S10/S9/S8/S7 minimum about one time.
Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 gets charged in 3 hours with a 2.4 amp charger. It can be charged in about 5-6 hours with standard Apple iPhone 5-watt chargers. The powerbank is very small at 5.43 x 2.68 x 0.31 inches and has a flat slim body with rounded corners that makes it easy to grip in hands and keep in pockets and handbags. Given that the portable charger comes with a built in high-quality Mfi Lightning cable or a USB-C cable, the price of Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 is very reasonable as well.
Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 portable charger comes in two in-built cable options –
- Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 with in-built Apple Mfi certified Lightning cable for charging all iPhones
- Luxtude PowerEasy 5000 with in-built USB-C cable for charging Samsung S20, S20+, S10/S10+/S9+/S9/S8 or other LG/Moto Android phones
What We Like!
- .31 inches (8mm) thick – as slim as iPhone 8
- Easy to hold with phone or keep in pockets
- Charges iPhones twice as fast (2.1 amp) as Apple 5-watt iPhone chargers (1 amp)
- Charge time from zero to 50% – iPhone 8/7/6s/6/5s/SE (~40 mins), iPhone 12, 11, 11 Pro, XR/XS/X/8+/7+ (50-60 minutes), Samsung/Android phones (50-60 mins).
- Fully charges iPhone 8/7/6s/6/5s/SE two times.
- Fully charges iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro/Max, 11, 11 Pro, XR/XS/X/8+/7+/6s+/6+ and Samsung S10, S9, S8/S7, other Android phones one time
- Just 4.5 oz or 128 gram weight
- Fully charges small-screen two times
- Excellent quality in-built Mfi Lightning Cable or USB-C cable included – No need for carrying separate cable
What we do not like!
Best Wireless Magnetic Compact Power Bank for iPhone 12 series ONLY
Anker PowerCore 5K Magnetic Wireless Charger iPhone 12 series
Anker PowerCore Magnetic 5K Wireless is Anker’s latest wireless super-compact power bank for all iPhone 12 series phones and is our pick as the best wireless ultra-compact portable charger for all iPhone 12 series phones for three reasons –
- It is just 10mm (less than one-half of an inch) thick. This makes it perfect for slipping in handbags and pockets and for holding in hand when attached to iPhones while charging
- It attaches to all iPhone 12 series phones magnetically – This means no hassle of carrying a cable around for power bank. Also means less chance of cable getting loose as the power bank is fixed to powerbank
- PowerCore 5K Magnetic has direct USB-C input for charging the power bank. This means you can directly plug-in your iPhone’s fast-charging USB-C to Lightning cable to it to also charge the phone in wired mode for 30% greater power back-up and do not have to carry any separate cable for charging the power bank.
The only reason it is down at #3 is its price! It comes with a killer feature (powerbank can charge wirelessly and comes with a USB-C port) but charges a premium price for the convenience.
At 5 oz (140 gm), PowerCore 5K Magnetic is extremely light and lighter than most new iPhones.
In wireless mode, Anker PowerCore Magnetic 5K Wireless will fully charge the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 mini once. It will charge the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max from 30% to 100% once. It charges iPhones at 5-watt max speed in wireless mode. This means about 10% charge in 20 mins for the iPhone 12 Pro.
In wired mode it will give about 30% more battery backup. PowerCore 5K Magnetic features a maximum wired charging output of 2 amps and charges all iPhones almost twice as fast as stock Apple 5-watt phone chargers. This power bank will charge small-screen iPhones (iPhone 8, 7, 6s, 6, SE2, SE) at speed of zero to 50% in about 30 minutes. In wired mode, It will charge large screen iPhones (all iPhone 12 series, 11, 11 Pro/Pro Max, XR/XS/XS Max/X/8+/7+/6+/6s+) at speeds of about zero to 50% in around 50 minutes.
In wired mode, Anker PowerCore 5K Magnetic will charge small screen iPhones (iPhone 8, 7, 6s, 6, SE 2020, SE) from 20% to 100% about two times. The portable charger charges large screen iPhones such as iPhone 11, 11 Pro, XR, XS Max, 8 Plus etc. fully one time (actually you can charge from 40% to 100% twice). The only exception is the iPhone 12 Pro Max, and 11 Pro Max as these have very large batteries and PowerCore III 5000 charges them from 20% to 100% one time.
The power bank will get fully charged in 3 hours by a 2.4 amp charger. It will get fully charged in about 5 hours with the Apple 5-watt charger. For iPhone 7/7+/6s/6, we recommend a dual port charger such as Powerport Elite dual port charger for quickly charging both iPhone and the PowerCore III 5000 at fastest speeds at the same time. If you have a new iPhone (iPhone 8 and later), then a PD + USB dual port charger will charge your iPhone to 50% in 30 mins and fast-charge the PowerCore III 5000 at same time fully in 3 hours.
The 4.8 inches x 2.6 inches x .30 inches dimensions of PowerCore III 5000 snugly fit it behind iPhones. The portable charger has eye-catching patterned and scratch-resistant, grippy design with premium finish and goes well with iPhones. It has a four-point smart-looking LED battery-status indicator on the on-off button.
Please note that PowerCore III 5000 is best suited for iPhone 12 series as only the 12 series have magnetic attachment feature. You can of course use it to charge older iPhone 11/XR etc. as well as Androids in wired mode like a regular power bank . The power bank comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable that can be used to charge the power bank in 3 hours.
- 10 mm ultra-slim design is easy to hold in hand while charging and in pockets/handbags. It is slimmer than most new iPhones and as slim as iPhone 8
- iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro max, 12 min compatible magnetic attachment feature charges your phone without any cable or hassle.
- 5 oz (140 gram) weight is great for its battery capacity
- Maximum 10-watt (or 2 amp) charging output gives fast speed charging to all iPhones from iPhone 6 to iPhone 12/11 series and SE 2020
- Charges all iPhones twice as fast as Apple 5-watt iPhone chargers
- Charge time from zero to 50% – iPhone 8/7/6s/6/SE 2 (~35 mins), iPhone 12/11/11 Pro/XR/XS/X/8+/7+ (~50 minutes).
- Charges iPhone 8/7/6s/6/5s/SE from 20% to 100% about two times.
- Charges iPhone 12/12 mini, 12, Pro, 11 Pro, 11, XR/XS/X/8+/7+/6s+/6+ fully once
- Can be fully charged in 3.5 hours
- Sleek, premium build
- Anti-slip and scratch resistant design.
- Reliable Anker customer service
- No 18-watt USB-C fast-charging to 50% in 30 mins for latest iPhones.
Best Lightest and Small Portable Chargers (~4 oz/110 grams)
PowerAdd EnergyCell 5000 is our top pick as ultra-light and ultra-small power bank with weight about 4 oz (110 grams).
PowerAdd EnergyCell 5000 weighs just 4 oz (110 grams) and offers fast charging (2-amp or 10-watt) two times as fast as Apple iPhone 5-watt chargers that come with most iPhones.The PowerAdd EnergyCell fully charges all small-screen iPhones i.e. iPhone 8/7/6s/6/5s/SE from 20% to 100% two times. It will charge large screen iPhone 12/11, 11 Pro, XR/XS/X/8+/7+ and Samsung S10/S9/S8 and most other Android phones from zero to 100% one time. PowerAdd EnergyCell gets charged at fast 2-amp/10-watt speed and given its small size it gets fully charged in about 2.5 hours with any Samsung/LG/Moto Android charger, and in 6 hours with Apple iPhone 5-watt chargers.
- 3.5 oz/99 gram weight
- Fully charges (0 to 100%) iPhone 8/7/6s/6/5s/SE from 20% to 100% two times.
- Will charge an iPhone 12/11/XR fully once
- Charges iPhones twice as fast (12-watt) as Apple iPhone charger (5-watt)
- Charges Samsungs & Androids at 2.4-amp speed (0 to 50% in 50-60 mins)
- Can be fully charged in 2.5/6 hours with any Samsung,LG,Moto/iPhone chargers.
- Less than an inch across (0.9 inch/22mm diameter)
- 4 inch length and round design means it can be slipped anywhere easily
- Great price
- USB-C charging port would have been great.
PowerAdd EnergyCell 10000 for iPhones & Androids – 3 charges from 20% to 100%
PowerAdd EnergyCell 10000 is a very light high capacity power bank at 6 oz (180 gm), much lighter than most 10000 mah power banks. In fact it weighs a bit less than many modern smartphones.
EnergyCell 10000 features a maximum charging output of 2.4 amps and charges all iPhones almost twice as fast as stock Apple 5-watt phone chargers! This mini portable charger will charge small-screen iPhones (iPhone 8, 7, 6s, 6, SE) at speed of zero to 50% in about 40 minutes. It charges big screen iPhones (12 series, 11, 11 Pro/Pro Max, XR/XS/XS Max/X/8+/7+/6+/6s+) and latest Samsung S20, S20+, S10, S10+, S9, S8, S7, etc. at speeds of about zero to 50% in 50-60 minutes.
ZMI Plugornot Zero 6700mAh is our top pick as light portable chargers. This portable charger weighs just 7 oz (210 grams) and combines two charging accessories in one –
- One 6700 mAH powerbank with two ports
- A foldable Quickcharge 3.0 wall charger
In the powerbank mode, ZMI Plugornot Zero will charge iPhones 11, 11 Pro/Max, XR, XS, X, 8, 7, 7 Plus, 6/6s/6 Plus, 6s Plus, SE at charging speeds of zero to 50% in 40-60 minutes. It will charge Android smartphones including Samsung S10, S9, S8 etc. at 2.4 amp charging speeds (zero to 50% in 50-55 minutes) in the power bank mode.
In the wall-charger mode, ZMI Plugornot Zero works as a Quickcharge 3.0 wall charger for all compatible Android phones. This means it fast-charge most Android smartphones including Samsung S10, S10+ S9, S8 etc. from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes. It will also charge iPhones 11, 11 Pro, XR, XS, X, 8, 7, 7 Plus, 6/6s/6 Plus, 6s Plus, SE via 2.4 amp charging at charging speeds of zero to 50% in 40-50 minutes.
6700 mAH battery capacity of ZMI Plugornot Zero means that it will charge all small-screen iPhones – iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6/6s, or iPhone SE etc. from 25% to 100% three times! It will charge all big-screen iPhones (XS, XR, X, 8+, 7+, 6+) and most Android phones including S10/S9/S8/S7 from 25% to 100% two times.
The powerbank itself can be charged in 3.5 hours with the integrated wall charger. ZMI Plugornot Zero 6700mAh has a rugged build and a grippy design with foldable pins for compact storage.
The combination of a quality Quickcharge 3.0 wallcharger+ a pretty decent capacity powerbank in one incredibly priced compact package makes ZMI Plugornot Zero 6700mAh our favorite portable charger for handbags and travel.
What We Like!
- Works as Quickcharge 3.0 wall charger and fast-charges all Samsung phones and most Android phones zero to 50% in 30 minutes
- Charges iPhones at 2.4 amp fast speed in wall-charger mode – faster than stock Apple phone chargers
- Fast-charges both Android phones & iPhones at 2.4 amp speeds
- In powerbank mode, it charges all small-screen iPhones 25% to 100 three times
- In powerbank mode, it charges all Android phones, big-screen iPhones (11, 11 Pro, XS, XR, X, 8+, 7+, 6+) from 25% to 100 two times
- Two charging ports with 3 amp maximum combined output
- Priced very well
- Light weight at 7 oz
- Rugged build
- Foldable pins
What we do not like!
Best Ultra-Light Wall charger with in-built Power Bank 2-in-1 Combo Portable charger (Runner Up)
Anker Fusion 5000 mAH 2-in-1 Powerbank + Wallcharger
PowerCore Fusion 5000 mAH Powerbank + Wallcharger is our #2 pick in lightweight power banks that also work as wall chargers . Anker PowerCore Fusion 5000 charger weighs just 7 oz (200 gm) and combines a 5000 mah power bank and wall charger in one space-saving package that is about the size of a wall charger.
PowerCore Fusion 5000 has two USB charging ports with maximum output of 3 amps per port. It supports both 2.1 amp fast-charging for iPhones and 2.4 amp fast-charging for Android phones.
The 5000 mah battery of PowerCore Fusion 5000 will fully charge large-screen iPhones (iPhone 11, 11 Pro, XR, XS, X, 8 Plus, 7 Plus) and most Android phones such as Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, S9, S8, S7 at least once. It will charge small-screen iPhones such as iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6, 6s from 20% to 100% two times.
On connecting to the power outlet, the PowerCore Fusion 5000 will first charge your device and then charge itself.
PowerCore Fusion 5000 itself gets fully charged in about 2.5 hours.
PowerCore Fusion 5000 What We Like!
- Lightweight 7 oz (210 gram) wallcharger + powerbank combo
- Fast-charges both Android phones & iPhones at 2.4 amp speeds (zero to 50% in 40-60 minutes)
- As wall charger, it charges iPhones twice as fast as Apple iPhone chargers
- As power bank, it charges iPhones twice as fast as iPhone chargers
- Charges small screen iPhones (iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6/6s, or iPhone SE) from 20% to 100% about two times.
- Excellent as iPhone charger replacement – twice the charging speed + 2 full charges backup
- About one full-charge for Samsung S10/S9/S8, other Android phones, and large iPhones (iPhone 11, 11 Pro, XR, XS, Max, X, 8+, 7+, 6+, 6s+)
- 3 amp maximum combined output is suitable for both iPhones & Androids
- Two charging ports
- 7 oz weight
- Foldable pin design
- Sturdy build quality
- Anker reliability
What we do not like!
- No Quickcharge 3.0 support for fast-charging Samsung phones or Android phones. This means that in wall-charger mode, it charges Samsung/Android phones slower than the stock wall chargers.
- Pricey for the battery capacity
Of all the power banks listed above, four are currently available in Australia –
For Fast-charging latest iPhones 12/11/11 Pro/Max, XR/XS/X/8/8+ and all Samsungs, Androids from 0 to 50% in 30 mins (18-watt)
Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD 18-watt USB-C PD – Two full Charges for most big-screen iPhones & Androids. To Fast-charge latest iPhones 11 series to XR/XS/X, 8, 8+ from 0 to 50% in 30 mins, all you need is a USB-C to Lightning cable. We recommend to compare its price with its non-slim cousin PowerCore 10000 PD Redux USB-C .
If you have a USB-C Android phone, another alternative is to get the version with inbuilt USB-C cable – Anker PowerCore+ 10000 USB-C.
If the above Anker power banks, seem high priced, an alternative is Romoss Sense4+ 10000maH 18-w USB-C PD power bank. At 210 grams it is not as compact or slim but is still lighter than all other PD powerbanks Romoss sells in Australia and far better priced than other 10K/20K USB-C PD powerbanks. Please note, it does not come with PD cable and you will need a PD cable to fast-charge your Android phone with it. You can use your phone’s USB-C/USB-C cable as well.
Recommended wall charger – You can fast-charge Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD with any Macbook USB-C charger, or iPhone 11 Pro/Max charger, or iPad Pro 2020/2018 chargers in 4 hours. You can also get the Anker 30-watt USB-C PD charger with Australia style plug to fast-charge the power bank in 4 hours. If you have an iPhone 12/11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, , XR, XS, XS Max, X, 8, 8+, you can use the Anker 30-watt PD charger with Australia style plug to also directly fast-charge your iPhone from empty to 50% in 30 mins.
For Fast-charging ONLY latest USB-C Android phones from zero to 50% in 30 mins (18-watt)
For Charging all iPhones twice as fast as Apple 5-watt charger and all Androids (10-watt)
PowerCore Speed 10000 – Two full Charges for most big-screen iPhones & Androids , Three full charges for iPhone 8, 7, 6s, 6, SE, SE 2020.
For Charging all ONLY USB-C Android phones (10-watt)
Luxtude 5000 with in-built USB-C cable 10-watt – One full charge for S10, S10+, S9, S8, S20 etc.