Huawei Mate 20 Pro and other phones provide excellent value for money and features and this has made these phones increasingly popular. All recent Huawei phones including Mate 20 Pro/Mate 20/Mate 10/Lite etc. use a unique Huawei specific fast-charging method Supercharge (4.5V @ 5amps) and also support USB-C PD for fast-charging. This makes USB-C PD powerbanks the best option for Huawei phones.
Here is our collection of best powerbanks for latest Huawei phones on the basis of criteria including Huawei fast-charging compatibility, power output quality, features, port support, build quality, customer service history, warranty etc.
Best Light Powerbank for Huawei Mate 20 Pro, P20 Pro, Mate X, Honor Nova 4
Anker PowerCore 10000 PD
The newly released Anker PowerCore 10000 PD is our top choice for latest Huawei phones including Mate 20 Pro. PowerCore 10000 PD has a maximum USB-C PD output of 18-watt and this enables it to charge Huawei phones at pretty good speed of about zero to 50% in 30 mins.
PowerCore 10000 PD will fully charge Mate 20 Pro and Mate 10 Pro from 20% to 100% two times.
The powerbank will get fully charged in about 3.5 hours using any USB-C PD wall charger. The Huawei SuperCharge wall charger will full charge PowerCore 10000 PD in about 5 hours.
PowerCore 10000 PD has two charging ports. Both the USB-C port (18-watt) and the second USB port (10-watt) can be used simultaneously at their maximum output capacities for a total simultaneous output of 28 watt.
The powerbank has a new narrower and longer design when compared to Anker’s older 10000 mAH Powercore powerbanks. It has a weight of 6.5oz (200 gm) making it the lightest USB-C PD charger in the market. The build quality of the PowerCore 10000 PD is excellent – even better than other Powercores – and it looks like the portable charger will withstand heavy sustained use.
Full USB-C PD support makes PowerCore 10000 PD future-proof as well. It will also fast charge all latest Android phones and iPhones XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 and 8+ (0 to 50% in 30 mins).
- Charges all latest Huawei phones at fast speed – zero to 50% in about 30 mins
- Huawei Supercharge wall charger will charge it fully in about 5 hours
- The powerbank will get fully charged with any PD wall charger in about 3.5 hours
- Two charging ports with a 10-watt USb port besides the USB-C
- 28-watt max output is highest in class and more than any small PD powerbank
- Excellent build quality
- High price
Best Light Powerbank for Huawei Mate 20 Pro, P20 Pro, Mate X, Honor Nova 4
Aukey 10000 PD Powerbank
Aukey 10000 PD Powerbank is our next pick for Huawei phones. Aukey 10000 PD Powerbank is the most reasonably priced PD powerbank in the market and has a maximum USB-C PD output of 18-watt – sufficient for charging even the latest Mate 20 Pro from zero to 50% in 40 minutes.
Aukey 10000 PD Powerbank will charge Mate 20 Pro and Mate 10 Pro from 20% to 100% two times.
The powerbank will get fully charged using any USB-C PD wall chargers such as iPad Pro chargers or Macbook chargers in about 3.5 hours. A very handy feature of Aukey 10000 PD Powerbank is that it can be recharged by three methods – USB-C, Apple Lightning, and micro-USB. Please note that the Huawei Supercharger wall chargers that come with Huawei phones will not fast-charge this powerbank. Instead, Huawei wall charger will charge the Aukey 10000 PD Powerbank in about 5 hours.
Aukey 10000 PD Powerbank has a single USB-C charging port which doubles both as a USB-C output port for chrgaing devices and as a USB-C input port for charging the powerbank.
Being a 18-watt USB-C PD powerbank, Aukey 10000 PD Powerbank can fast-charge both latest Samsung phones including the S10 Plus, S10, S10e, S9+, S9 and latest iPhones including the iPhone XS Max, XS, Xr, X, 8 and 8+ (0 to 50% in 30 mins).
Overall, we found Aukey 10000 PD Powerbank to be excellent value for money given it good build quality, future-proof charging, and flexible charging options.
- Very reasonably priced 18-watt USB-C PD portable charger
- Charges latest Huawei phones at good speed – Mate 20 Pro zero to 50% in 40 mins
- Gets charged with Huawei SuperCharger in 5 hours.
- Gets charged with any USB-C PD wall charger in about 3.5 hours
- Support Quickcharge 3.0
- Option to charge with micro-USB port
- Option to charge with with Apple Lightning cable
- Can also charge low-power draw devices such as smart watches, and Bluetooth headsets
- 8.29 oz weight is a bit on the higher side
Best Medium Capacity Powerbank for Huawei Mate 20 Pro, P20 Pro, Mate X, Honor Nova 4
Aukey 20000 USB-C PD
Aukey 20000 USB-C PD is at the moment perhaps the most reasonably priced good quality medium capacity USB-C PD powerbank in the market. It fast-charges all the latest Huawei phones including Mate 20 Pro at 18-watt speed, which will charge 4200 mah battery of Mate 20 Pro from zero to 50% in 40 mins.
Aukey 20000 USB-C PD can fully charge Mate 20 Pro and Mate 10 Pro from 20% to 100% about 4 times.
The powerbank will get fully charged using Huawei SuperCharge wall chargers in about 6 hours. Another great feature of Aukey 20000 USB-C PD is that it can be charged with micro-USB and Lightning ports as well.
Aukey 20000 USB-C PD has a robust longish design and weighs about 13.5 oz. Being a USB-PD powerbank, it also fast-charges Apple’s newest iPhones – iPhone XS Max, XS, Xr, X, 8 and 8+ (zero to 50% in 30 mins).
Aukey 20000 USB-C PD Pros
- Incredible value for money
- Supports charging of latest Huawei phones including Mate 20 pro – zero to 50% in about 40 mins
- Supports Quickcharge 3.0.
- Gets charged with Huawei Supercharge wall charger in about 6 hours
- besides USB-C, can also be charged with Apple Lightning cable and micro-USB
Best High Capacity USB-C PD Powerbank for Huawei Mate 20 Pro, P20 Pro, Mate X,
Honor Nova 4
RAVPower 26800 PD
RAVPower 26800 PD is our favorite high capacity powerbank (maximum capacity allowed by TSA) for the latest Huawei phones. The powerbank can deliver a maximum of 30-output over USB-C PD and fast-charges Huawei phones at 18-watt via the USB-C port.
RAVPower 26800 PD will fully charge Huawei Mate 20 Pro or Mate 10 Pro from 10% to 100% about five times. 30-watt PD output also enables you to charge Macbooks at 30-watt speed or to charge Nintendo Switch while playing it.
The portable charger itself can be charged by a 30-watt USB-C PD wall charger in about 4 hours and in about 7 hours with the Huawei Supercharge wall charger.
RAVPower 26800 PD has three charging ports – one USB-C PD port and two regular USB ports with iSmart output. The iSmart output ports charge most Android phones and iPhones from zero to 50% in 50 minutes.
The powerbank weighs about 1lb (450 grams) which is at par with other quality powerbanks with similar capacity. RAVPower offers a great 30-month warranty and reliable customer service.
RAVPower 26800 PD will also fast-charges all of Apple’s latest iPhones – iPhone XS Max, XS, Xr, X, 8 and 8+ at speeds of (0 to 50% in 30 mins).
RAVPower 26800 PD Pros
- Will charge Huawei phones at decent charging speed – zero to 50% in about 40 mins
- Fast-charges all latest Androids including Samsung S10, S10+, S10e, (zero to 50% in 30 mins)
- Fast-charges all latest iPhones Xr/Xs etc. (zero to 50% in 30 mins)
- Can be fully charged with Huawei wall chargers in about 7 hours and any 30-watt PD wall charger in about 5 hours
- Three charging ports
- 30-watt PD output charges Macbooks at good speed
- Good build quality and finish
- Excellent warranty (30 months)
- 45-watt PD output would have been even better for charging USB-C laptops and Macbooks