iPhone SE 2020 (iPhone SE 2nd Gen) has iPhone 11’s superb main camera and smooth experience at a pocket-friendly price. However, it has one weakness – small battery. Also, from October 2020, Apple does not provide a charger with the SE 2020 and just includes a USB-C to Lightning cable. The iPhone SE 2 supports 18-watt USB-C PD fast charging and can be charged from zero to 60% in just 30 mins and from zero to 88% in 1 hour. The best iPhone SE 2020 chargers are at minimum 18-watt USB-C PD adapters as they charge SE Gen 2 at fastest supported speed and these days cost nearly same as regular chargers.
However, as Apple now supports 20-watt in all its latest iPhones, iPads and accessories, we recommend getting 20-watt or 30-watt USB-C chargers, especially as new 30/20-watt chargers cost almost same as 18-watt ones.
The iPhone SE 2nd Gen now comes with a USB-C to Lightning cable, and you do not need any new cable to fast it with USB-C adapters. However, if you purchased your SE 2020 earlier, you will require a new USB-C to Lightning cable to fast-charge it.
A dual port USB-C charger will fast-charge your phone and your iPad/Airpods/MacBook etc. at the same time from a single power outlet.
Best iPhone SE 2020 power adapters with USB-C Fast-Charging –
AmazonBasics 30-watt USB-C charger is our top fast-charging adapter for iPhone SE 2020 as it offers 18-watt USB-C PD fastest supported charging speed for the SE 2 with excellent quality, compactness and light weight in a foldable design at an incredible price. The AmazonBasics USB-C charger is 1.6 inch x 1.6 inch x 1.1 inches ( 42 x 42 x 28mm) and weighs 2.1 oz (64 grams). Its has folding pins to store in pockets or handbags easily.
AmazonBasics 30-watt USB-C PD power adapter fast-charges iPhone SE 2 from zero to 60% in 30 mins and empty to 88% in about 1 hour. It can also fast-charge all other latest iPhones including the iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XR, XS, X, 8, 8+ from zero to 60% in 30 minutes and charge and latest Samsung S20/Note 20/10 phones to 50% in 30 mins.
Tip: For slightly more you can get a dual USB-C port charger (USB-C + USB-C) to charge two devices at same time. Great for travel use.
AmazonBasics 30-watt Pros
- One of the lowest priced good quality USB-C PD chargers available
- 30-watt max output makes it future proof – iPhone 12, new iPads and latest Apple Magsafe accessories support 20-watt
- Compact and light at 2oz/64-grams
- Zero to 60% in 30 mins for iPhone SE 2nd Gen
- 18-watt PD fast-charges iPhone 12 and iPhone 11, 11 Pro/XR/XS/X/8/8+
- Folding pin design – Apple 20-watt charger has fixed pins
- Slightly lighter/smaller than Apple adapter and far better priced
Anker PowerPort III Nano 20-watt USB-C adapter is our next choice. It is a compact 20-watt USB-C PD charger for iPhone SE 2020 with a cubic 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.2 inch design. The Anker PowerPort III Nano weighs just 2.1 oz (55 grams). Its pins do not fold but given its small overall size it is not a big problem.
Anker PowerPort III Nano fast-charges iPhone SE 2020 from zero to 60% in 30 mins and from empty to 88% in about 1 hour. It also fast-charges latest iPhone 12, 12 Pro/Max, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XR/X etc. and latest Androids from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes.
Anker PowerPort Nano Pros
- Smallest 20-watt USB-C PD charger
- Zero to 60% in 30 mins for iPhone SE Gen 2
- Zero to 60% in 30 mins fast-charging for iPhone 12/12 Pro @ 20-watt
- Lighter than Apple 20-watt adapter
- Also excellent for charging other latest iPhones & Androids.
- Price! For iPhone SE 2, it has no advantage over lower cost 18-watt chargers as it charges it at 18-watt only.
For charging iPhone SE 2020 & iPad Pro or MacBook Air, USB-C Power bank
If you have an iPad or a portable charger, then two USB-C ports are very handy for charging two devices at the same time. AmazonBasics 36-watt USB-C Power Adapter is a folding-pin dual USB-C charger with 18-watt max output from each port and has lower price than most single port 18-watt USB-C chargers. It charges iPhone SE 2020 at 18-watt speed and when both ports are used it can output 36-watts (18-watt + 18 watt)! So it will fast-charge an iPhone SE 2 and an iPad Pro 2020/2018 at the same time.
The AmazonBasics 36-watt adapter is 2.52 inch x 2.46 inch x 1.41 inches and 4.1 oz (115 grams) with foldable plug design.
- 36-watt (18w + 18w) dual USB-C iPhone SE 2020 charger at price of single port 18-watt USB-C adapter.
- Zero to 60% in 30 mins for SE 2
- Zero to 60% in 30 mins for iPhone 12/12 Pro @ 20-watt when just one port is used
- 18 + 18 watt output fast charges an iPhone SE Gen 2 and a latest iPad Pro at same time
- Great price.
- Compact and Light
- Folding pin design saves space
Best Fast Charging iPhone SE 2020 Chargers USB-C (Fast Charge, Two Ports)
For charging iPhone SE 2020 & MacBook/iPad/another phone from one power brick
AmazonBasics 68-watt USB-C Adapter (60 watt USB-C or 50-watt USB-C PD + 18-watt USB-C)
For MacBook and iPhone SE 2020 owners, the AmazonBasics 68-watt Charger is a great two-in-one high-output dual USB-C port adapter that can fast-charge both MacBook and iPhone SE 2020 at same time. When just the USB-C port is used, the charger outputs 60-watts, making it perfect for Macbooks.
When both Macbook and iPhone SE 2020 are charged at same time, it outputs 50-watts from one USB-C port for the MacBook and 18-watt from the other to fast-charge iPhone SE 2 at the same time.
AmazonBasics 68-watt Charger has two USB-C ports – one rated at 18-watt max and the other rated at 50-60 watt. Either USB-C port will fast-charge iPhone SE 2 from zero to 60% in 30 mins.
The AmazonBasics 68-watt Charger has dimensions of 2.5 inch x 2.5 inch x 1.41 inches and weighs 5.22 oz (148 grams).
- Great price for 60-watt PD capable dual port USB-C Adapter
- Up to 60-watt output from one USB-C port for MacBooks
- 50 watt + 18-watt output when both ports are used
- Compact at 2.5×2.5 inches
- Lighter than Apple Macbook 61 watt adapter
- Fast-charges all latest iPhones 12/11/XR/XS series & Samsung/LG/Pixel phones.
- Foldable design
Fast-Charge iPhone SE 2 & iPad Pro and charge MacBook Pro/Air at same time
ZMI zPower 45-watt USB-C PD + 18-watt USB Power Adapter (63 watts total)
Average iPhone user also few more devices such as iPad/Airpods/Apple Watch/MacBook etc. with a mix of USB and USB-C chargers depending on how new/old they are. Three-port or four-port iPhone SE 2020 chargers with a mix of USB-C and USB ports will charge 3+ devices at same time and be an adequate all-in-one power adapter. The ZMI 3-port USB-C power adapter from Xiaomi/Mi (2nd largest phone maker after Samsung & Huawei) is our favorite such all in one power brick with 63-watt total power output (45-watt USB-C PD and 18-watt QuickCharge capable from other two USB ports).
The ZMI 3-port USB-C power brick can output up to 45-watts from USB-C port and 18-watt max from two USB ports at same time.
Here are some example use cases –
- When just the USB-C port is used – Charges Macbooks or USB-C laptops at up to 45-watt or iPhone SE 2 at 18-watt or iPad Pro 2020 at 20-watt
- One USB-C port and one USB port used – Outputs up to 45-watt from USB-C port and 18-watt Quickcharge capable output from USB port (45-watt USB-C PD + 18-watt USB).
- All three used – USB-C and both USB ports used – 45-watt from USB-C port and 18-watt combined from the other ports (45-watt USB-C PD + 18-watt combined from 2 USB ports). For Example, it will charge Macbook or fast-charge the SE 2020 and charge your iPad and power bank at same time.
- Can charge a Macbook, an iPhone and an iPad at fast speeds at same time! or charge an iPhone SE 2, an Apple Watch and Airpods at same time!
ZMI 3-port USB-C charger is compact at 2.75 inch x 2.4 inch x 1.2 inches weighing just 5 oz (150 grams). Available in two colors, it has an elegant design with an O-shaped LED indicator and folding pinsstorage.
- Excellent price for a three port USB-C charger with 45-watt USB-C PD output & 18-watt Quickcharge USB
- Fast Charges SE 2020 to 60% in 30 mins or 88% in 1 hour
- Can also do 20 watt fast charging for all 12 series phones – iPhone 12 mini, Pro, Pro Max
- 25 watt PPS fastest charging for S20 series, Note 20/10 series
- 18-watt QuickCharge capable two USB ports
- Flexibility – Fast charges all new/old iPhones & all old/new Pixels/Samsung S/Note.
- Supports four fast-charging technologies – 25-watt USB-C PD PPS, 18-watt USB-C PD, 18-watt QuickCharge, & up to 45-watt USB-C PD
- Elegant folding design in two colors
- Outstanding value for money
- Comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable. This alone is worth about $10!
- Good build quality