iPhone 7 marked a new era in smartphones. The iconic home button was replaced with sophisticated pressure sensors and vibration simulators. With iPhone 7 Apple also did something that no one had ever dared to do before – the headphone jack was removed to make the phone thinner. Apple understood that it had the support of its customers and dived in deep and-yikes–bye bye headphone jack!
Apple iPhone 7 was just a hint of what the future of smartphones was going to be like. iPhone 7 provided us with a glimpse of how next-generation phones would fit in into our lives. Apple designed the iPhone 7 to provide users with the single-charge-all-day capability by increasing the battery size to 1960 mAh.
Best Future-Ready Powerbank for iPhone 7
Aukey 10000 PD is a future-ready portable charger for iPhone 7 as it not only charges the iPhone 7 at its fastest supported speed but it will also charge the latest iPhones (XR/XS/X etc.) and most latest Androids as well. It supports both 18-watt USB-C PD used by the latest iPhones and Quickcharge 3.0 used by Android phones.
Aukey 10000 PD gets fully charged in 3.5 hours with an 18-watt PD charger. The portable charger is an especially great choice for iPhone 7 users as it can be charged with the Apple Lightning cable. In addition, it can be charged via the micro-USB or via the USB-C port.
The power bank supports the two most predominant current fast charging technologies – USB-C PD 18-watt and Quickcharge 3.0. The USB-C PD output enables it to charge the latest iPhones (XS, XR, X, 8, 8+) from zero to 50% in 30 minutes. Aukey 10000 PD can fast charge iPhone 7 zero to 50% in just 40 minutes and charges iPhone 7 fully almost five times.
Aukey 10000 PD weighs 8.3 oz (235 grams) and measures 4 x 3 x 0.9 inches, making it one of the lighter 10000 mah power banks available.
- Can be charged with Apple Lightning cable
- Can fully charge iPhone 7 five times
- Charges iPhone 7 at its fastest supported charging speed
- Fast-charges iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8, 8 Plus
- Incredible price for a power bank that fast charges both latest iPhones and Androids
- Quickcharge 3.0 output support for compatible Android phones
- USB-C input allows it to be fully charged in 3.5 hours
- Supports charging of ultra-low power-draw devices such as wireless headphones and fitness trackers
- Gives the owners flexibility of charging the portable charger with 3 different types of chargers
- Comes with a USB-A to USB-C cable which is great but adding a USB-C to USB-C cable would have been better
- 0.9-inch thickness is a bit thick and not very handy
Best Compact and Slim Portable Charger for iPhone 7
Anker PowerCore Lite 10000 is the slimmest Anker power bank available with a thickness of just 0.55 inches (14.5 mm). This makes it very easy to hold when the phone and power bank are held together in the hand. PowerCore Lite 10000 charges the iPhone 7 from zero to 50% in just 40 minutes as it supports 2.4 amp charging.
The power bank can fully charge your iPhone 7 as well as any other small-screen iPhone such as iPhone 8, 6s, 6, etc three times.
PowerCore Lite 10000 weighs 7.4 oz ( 210 grams) which is light for such a high capacity portable charger. It measures 5.7 x 2.8 x 0.6 inches and can be fully charged in 7-8 hours. PowerCore Lite 10000 can be charged either with a micro-USB or a USB-C cable.
- Pretty light and slim for 10000 mAh capacity
- Easy to hold in hand with the phone
- 2.4 amp charging – 0 to 50% in 40 minutes for iPhone 7
- Weighs 7.4 oz (210 grams)
- Can be charged in 2 ways – with micro-USB or USB-C
- Takes 7-8 hours to get fully charged
Best High Capacity Portable Charger for iPhone 7
Aukey 20000 PD fast-charges the iPhone 7 at its fastest supported charging speed as well as the latest iPhones (XR/XS/X etc.) and also the latest Android phones. The portable charger supports fast-charging via both Quickcharge 3.0 and 18-watt USB-C Power Delivery.
What makes Aukey 20000 PD an especially great match for iPhone 7 is that it can be charged with Apple Lightning cable allowing you to use your phone’s charger to top-up the power bank as well. It takes about 3.5 hours to fully charge the power bank.
Aukey 20000 PD will charge your iPhone 7 twice as fast as the stock Apple charger for the phone. Aukey 20000 PD can charge your iPhone 7 almost seven times on a full charge which means going almost six days a week without caring about charging your portable charger.
Aukey 20000 PD weighs 13.5 oz (about 380 grams) which is a great weight for 20000 mAh capacity and measures 6.98 x 2.71 x 0.97 inches.
- Can charge your iPhone 7 almost seven times
- Supports 2.4 amp charging, the maximum supported charging speed of iPhone 7
- Can be charged with the iPhone 7 charger directly with the Lightning cable
- Supports 18-watt USB-C Power Delivery for the latest iPhones
- Weighs 14 oz which is pretty light for 20000 mAh
- Gets fully charged in 3.5 hours
- Charges iPhone 7 two times faster than Apple stock charger
- Reasonably priced
- No USB-C to USB-C cable
Best Ultra-Compact Portable Charger for iPhone 7
One of the best features that make Anker PowerCore II 6700 the best portable charger for iPhone 7 is that it is ultra-light. It weighs only 4.2 oz (120 grams) and supports the fast charging mode (2.4 amp charging) for the iPhone 7.
PowerCore II 6700 will fully charge the iPhone 7 two times. It charges the iPhone 7 from zero to 50% in just 40 minutes.
The portable charger can be charged via the micro-USB port in a minimum of 3 hours. PowerCore II 6700 is available in two colors – black and white, with white one being more expensive.
- Weighs 4.2 oz making it ultra-portable
- Two full charges and still a bit to spare for iPhone 7
- Charges iPhone 7 from zero to 50% in about 40 minutes
- Gets fully charged in three hours
- 6 LED battery level indicators
- Cannot be charged with Apple Lightning cable