Samsung Galaxy S8 comes with a 3000 mAh battery that supports 15-watt Samsung Adaptive Fast-Charging as well as 15-watt USB-C PD fast charging and has a USB-C port for charging. The best portable chargers for Samsung Galaxy S8 should therefore ideally support either of these fast-charging modes to can charge the S8 at same speed as the phone’s Samsung Adaptive Fast charger – zero to 50% in about 30 minutes. Also, USB-C support is a must to avoid hassle of carrying an extra special micro-USB cable around for charging the power bank.
Here’s our selection of the best USB-C power banks for Samsung Galaxy S8 –
Best USB-C PD Portable Charger for Samsung Galaxy S8
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is the latest portable charger in Anker’s 10000 mAh range with premium build quality, compact design and all new 18-watt USB-C PD fast-charging capability. It also fast-charges the Samsung S8 at its fastest possible charging speed of zero to 50% in about 30 minutes, as the S8 supports PD charging. The power bank has a battery capacity of 10000 mAh, enough to give two full recharges to the Samsung Galaxy S8. In fact, you can charge the S8 from 25% to 100% about three times with this portable charger.
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is will also charge all latest iPhones (including the 12/11 series, XS/XR etc.) and most latest Android phones from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes. It also charger earlier iPhones (iPhone 7 Plus, 7 and earlier) from zero 50% in about 40-50 minutes, and almost all old Android phones from zero to 50% in about 50-55 minutes.
The power bank has two ports – USB-C and regular USB port, and hence, it can charge two devices at once. The power bank supports 18-watt USB-C PD from the PD port and 10-watt (or 2 amp) charging from the regular USB port. The second regular USB port is best used for charging older iPhones and old Android phones. It charges all iPhones at 10-watt, twice the speed of Apple iPhone chargers (5 watt).
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD itself gets fully charged in about 3.5 hours with any 18-watt USB-C PD charger through the USB-C port. It gets charged with the Galaxy S8 charger in about 7-8 hours.
Weighing 7 oz, (198 grams), PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is a light and portable power bank. It has dimensions of 5 x 3.0 x 0.6 inches (11.5 x 7.8 x 1.5 cm).
- Gives Samsung S8 from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- Fully charges Samsung S8 twice
- Gets charged via USB-C port and hence can be directly charged with Samsung S8 Adapter
- Premium build quality
- Also charges all other latest Samsung phones
- Can fast charge all latest iPhones 12/11/11 Pro/Max/XS/XR etc. from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- Supports 18-watt USB-C PD as well as 2.0 amp charging
- Two charging ports – USB-C and regular USB
- Gets fully charged in 3.5 hours by any 18-watt USB-C PD charger
- Weighs 7 oz, light and portable
- Comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable – great for fast-charging the S8
Best USB-C PD Portable Charger for Samsung Galaxy S8 #2 choice
RAVPower 10000 USB-C PD (29-watt USB-C PD- 18 watt+11 watt)
The recently launched RAVPower 10000 PD 18-watt USB-C power bank is our next choice as best portable charger for all Samsung Galaxy S8.
RAVPower is a reputed brand among power banks, perhaps second only to Anker, and RAVPower 10000 PD is its latest 10000 mAh capacity 18-watt USB-C PD power bank. The power bank can fast-charge the S8 as well as almost all latest Android smartphones including all Samsung flagships (S21/S20, Note 20/10/9) and Google Pixel 5, 4 XL, 4, 3 XL, 3, 2 XL, and 2 from zero to 50% in 30 mins. It can also fast-charge all the latest iPhones including 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max from zero to 50% in just 30 minutes. I
With just 6.7 oz (190 gm) weight and at just .50 inches (13mm/half-inch) thickness, the RAVPower 10000 PD portable charger is very pocket friendly and can be held in hand with the phone while charging. RAVPower 10000 PD will fully charge the Galaxy S8 fully two times with some charge still remaining. It will also charge Samsung S10/S9/S7/Note 9/8 and iPhone 11/11 Pro/XS/X/XR/8, 8 Plus minimum two times. It can fully charge iPhone 8/7/6s/6 minimum three times.
RAVPower 10000 PD can be fully charged in just 5 hours with the Samsung S8 charger via the USB-C port. It gets charged in 3.5 hours with any 18-watt or higher USB-C PD wall charger. The
The RAVPower 10000 PD has two charging ports – one USB-C PD port and a Samsung Adaptive Fast-charge capable regular USB-port. The S8 can be fast-charged using both the USB-C port or the regular USB port.
RAVPower 10000 PD Pros:
- Charges the Galaxy S8 from zero to 50% in 30 minutes
- Charges S8 fully two times
- Can be charged directly with Samsung S8 USB-C charger in 5 hours
- Supports both 18-watt USB-C PD input/output and 18-watt Quickcharge 3.0 input/output
- 29-watt total output means you can charge two phones at fast-speed at same time.
- Also fast-charges iPhone 12, 11, XR, XS, X/8, Samsung S21, S20 etc.
- Can be charged even faster in 3.5 hours using a USB-C PD wall charger (such as Macbook chargers or iPhone 11 Pro/Max, or Pixel chargers)
- 6.7 oz weight make it very pocketable and portable
- Good build quality
- Excellent price
- Support for charging of ultra low-current devices such as wireless headphones and fitness bands
- USB-C/USB-C cable included – Great for charging power bank or the S8
- 1 inch thickness
Best High Capacity USB-C Power Bank for Samsung Galaxy S8
Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 PD
Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 PD is a high capacity fast-charging USB-C portable charger for Samsung Galaxy S8. It has a battery capacity of 20000 mAh which will fully charge the Samsung S8 four times. The power bank will give the phone zero to 50% charge in about 30 minutes – same as the S8 wall charger.
Full support for Samsung Adaptive Fast-Charging support enables this power bank to fast charge all the latest Samsung phones such as S21, S20, S20+, S10, S10 Plus, Note 9, S9, S8 Plus, S7 etc. It can also fast-charge all the iPhones (12, 11, 11 Pro, X, XR, XS, XS Max, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6s, etc.) at minimum twice the speed of the Apple iPhone charger as it also supports 2.4 amp charging output.
PowerCore Essential 20000 PD has a USB-C port and a regular USB port for charging phones. It can be charged directly via the USB-C port with S8 charger in about 6 hours. It also comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable through which it can get be fast-charged. The power bank takes about 6 hours to get recharged with Samsung S8 charger or any QuickCharge 3.0 charger.
The portable charger weighs around 13 oz (370 grams) and has dimensions of 6.4 x 2.7 x 0.9 inches (170 x 62 x 22 mm).
- 20000mAh battery capacity will give the Samsung S8 four full charges + one half charge (4.5 charges)
- Gives zero to 50% charge to S8 in about 30 minutes
- Fast-charges all the latest Samsung phones,
- USB-C port lets you directly use S8 charger/cable to charge the power bank
- Fast-charges latest iPhones 12, 11 series to iPhone 8 to 50% in 30 mins.
- Charges other Android phones and iPhones at 2.4 amp max speed- zero to 50% in 40-60 minutes.
- Gets recharged in 6 hours by the Samsung S8 charger or any QuickCharge 3.0 charger
- Weighs 13 oz (370 grams)
- Very useful 8 point battery indicator
- Grip-friendly textured design
- USB-C to USB-C cable included
Best Future Proof Power Bank for Samsung S8 & Upgrade to S21, S20 etc. (Fastest Possible charging)
Samsung 25-watt 10000 is currently the lightest 25-watt PPS fast charging portable charger for the latest Samsung phones including the S21 series, S20 series, Note 20 series and Note 10 series phones as well as A72/52 etc. This 10000 mAh battery bank gives the Samsung S21+, S20+ two charges from 30% to 100% and charges the S8 from 30% to 100% three times!
Besides fast-charging the S8 at its maximum possible speed of 15-watts, the Samsung 25-watt 10000 power bank fast-charges the Samsung Galaxy S21, & S20, A72/71/70, A52/51/50 phones from zero to 50% in around 25-30 minutes – faster than any other compact power bank and as fast as stock Samsung 25-watt chargers that come with these phones.
The Samsung 25-watt 10000 power bank also fast-charges all other older Samsung phones including S10/S9/S8 series, A50, A51, A71, A70 etc., most latest Android phones and all latest iPhones such as iPhone 12, 11, X, XR, XS, XS Max, etc. with 18-watt USB-C PD.
Samsung 25-watt 10000 can be recharged in just about 3 hours by Samsung 25-watt chargers that come with the Galaxy S20 Ultra, S20+, S20, Note 20/10, and A72, A52, A71, M51 etc.
The power bank is compact and very slim with weight of around 8.8 oz (230 g) and measures 6.5 × 4 × 0.8 inches (160.4 × 100 × 20 mm) .
- Fastest charging for the S8 and future proof charging for latest Samsung S/Note phones
- 25-watt PPS USB-C PD future proof output charges Galaxy S21/S20 series, Note 20/10 series from zero to 50% in 25/30 mins – as fast as the Samsung 25-watt adapters.
- Charges Samsung Galaxy S21+, S20 Ultra (3 times), S20+, S20 about 2 times from 30% to 100%
- Fast-charges all latest iPhones to 50% in 30 mins including iPhone 12 series, iPhone 11 series, iPad Pro 2020/2018, etc. and latest Android/Pixel phones.
- Can be recharged in about 3 hours by any S20 series chargers
- Two output ports- one USB-C and one regular USB ports
- 2.4 amp max charging for older iPhones such as 6, 6s, 7, 7 Plus, etc. and 3-amps for older Androids
- Weighs around 8.8 oz (230 grams)
- Comes with a 10-cm USB-C/USB-C charging cable. Not a big deal but this helps you avoid buying a new cable for the power bank.
- About 1 oz or 30 grams heavy than equivalent capacity 18-watt PD power banks. Still a future-proof investment for latest Samsung and iPhones 12 etc. that now fast-charge beyond 18-watt to 20-25 watt speeds.
- Slightly expensive than 18-watt PD power banks.
Best High Capacity Power Bank for Samsung Galaxy S8 and Laptops (Chromebooks, Dell XPS, Macbooks etc.)
RAVPower 20000 60-watt PD is a high-capacity future-ready portable charger for Samsung Galaxy S8 with its biggest differentiating feature being its 45-watt maximum USB-C PD output. Its 20000 mAh battery capacity will charge the Samsung Galaxy S8 about 4.5 times (4 full + one half charge) and charge the Samsung S8 from zero to 50% charge in about 30 minutes.. The power bank will also fast charge other latest Samsung phones (S8 Plus, S9, S10, S10 Plus, etc.), most latest Android phones and iPhones (11, 11 Pro/Max, X, XS, XR, 8, etc.) as it supports 18-watt USB-C PD.
The 20000 mah battery will charge will charge Chromebooks, Macbook Air and most USB-C laptops nearly once.
Any 45-watt USB-C PD charger (or a Macbook charger) can charge the RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD in about 4 hours. The Samsung S8 charger charges it in about 6-7 hours. It also has a micro-USB port for charging the power bank, meaning you can even charge the power bank with old Android chargers, if required.
RAVPower 20000 60-watt PD charges Dell XPS 13 laptops and most Chromebooks with its 45-watt maximum output. It will also charge all iPhones via 2.4 amp (or 12 watt) charging at twice the speeds of Apple stock iPhone chargers (5 watt).
The power bank weighs around 14.1 oz (398 grams) and has dimensions of 6.3 x 3.0 x 0.9 inches.
- 60-watt PD output charges newer Dell XPS 13 series laptops, most Chromebooks, and Macbook Air/Pro
- 20000 mAh battery capacity will charge Samsung Galaxy S8 more than four times (4.5 charges)
- Fast-charges latest iPhones such as iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XR, XS, X, etc. and latest Android/Samsung phones such as Samsung S10 Plus, S10, S9, etc.
- Charges Samsung S8 from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- Gets recharged in about 4 hours by any 30-watt USB-C PD charger
- Gets recharged in about 7 hours with S8 charger
- Can be charged by micro-USB as well
- Weighs around 14.1 oz (398 grams), which is acceptable given its capacity and output
- USB-C to USB-C cable included. You need not buy extra cable for charging the S8 with the power bank