iPhone 8 came with many novel features and a decent 1,821 mAh battery, but the biggest news on charging front was that, for the first time ever, Apple added fast-charging support to iPhones with the iPhone 8 to radically quicken charging speed of the phone – from zero to 60% in 30 minutes.
The charger that comes with the iPhone 8 is the same old 5-watt charger that came with iPhone 7. If you want to fast-charge your iPhone 8, then you need a USB-C to Lightning cable and a USB-C PD Power Adapter or a 18-watt USB-C PD portable charger. The best portable chargers for iPhone 8 offer USB-C PD fast-charging support, allowing you to charge the phone from zero to 50% in 30 minutes whenever you need that extra power backup.
Here is our selection of the best portable chargers in the market for iPhone 8.
Best Premium Fast-Charging Portable Charger for iPhone 8 (18-watt USB-C PD)
Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is the best premium fast-charging USB-C PD portable charger for iPhone 8. The power bank will fully charge your iPhone 8 almost four times. The power bank fast charges both the latest iPhones and the latest Android phones as it supports both 18-watt USB-C PD.
It has two charging ports – one USB-C PD port and one regular USB port. This allows PowerCore Slim 10000 PD to charge both latest and older iPhones. For example, it will charge fast-charge new iPhone 12 series, 11, 11 Pro/Max, XR/XS/Max/X/8/8+ with USB-PD port and charge older iPhones such as iPhone 7 or 6s at fastest possible speed from the second port. PowerCore Slim 10000 PD will charge even the older iPhones at 12-watt max charging speed – almost twice as fast as the standard Apple Iphone 5-watt charger.
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD supports a maximum of 18-watt USB-C PD output for both the latest iPhones and Android phones (Samsung S10/S9/Note 9 and Pixel 4/3/2, 4/3/2 XL, etc). The power bank can charge most of the USB-C PD supporting smartphones from zero to 60% in about 30 minutes. It also supports 2.4 amp charging for iPhones 7/7+/6s/6/6s+/6+ (zero to 50% in about 40 minutes) and older Android phones (zero to 50% in about 50-55 minutes).
Weighing just 6.8 oz (192 grams), PowerCore Slim 10000 PD has dimensions of 5.9 x 2.7 x .55 inches. The power bank can be fully charged with a USB-C PD wall charger or any Macbook charger, the USB-C port of your Macbook in just 4 hours. In fact, the power bank gets charged faster than any Quickcharge or 2.4 amp PowerCore powerbank.
- Charges iPhone 8 from zero to 60% in just 30 minutes
- Slim half-inch thick design sits well behind the iPhone 8 in hand
- Fully charges iPhone 8 almost four times (from 10% to 100%)
- Takes 4 hours to get fully charged with a USB-C PD charger or any Macbook charger or iPad Pro 2020/2018 chargers
- Small in size, very handy and easy to hold
- Supports 18-watt USB-C PD
- Two ports can charge two phones at once
- Supports 2.4 amp charging for iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, 6s Plus, 6 Plus, SE etc.
- Comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable for quickly charging powerbank with PD chargers
Best Future Ready Fast-Charging PD Portable Charger for iPhone 8 (18-watt USB-C PD)
Aukey 10000 PD is the best fast-charging portable charger by far for iPhone 8 as it can be charged with Apple Lightning cable as well. Aukey 10000 PD can fast charge your iPhone 8 from zero to 60% in just 30 minutes and can also charge iPhone 8 fully almost four times.
Aukey 10000 PD fast charges both latest iPhones (12, 11, 11 Pro/Max, XR/XS/X/8/8+) and all latest Androids including samsung S10, S9 etc. as well. It supports both 18-watt USB-C PD and Quickcharge 3.0 charging standards.
The power bank takes 3.5 hours to get fully charged with a USB-C PD wall charger. The same USB-PD charger will also fast-charge your iPhone 8 as well. One of the best features of Aukey 10000 PD is that it can be charged in three ways. Besides the Lightning cable, you can also use being with a micro-USB and USB-C port.
Aukey 10000 PD is very reasonably priced. The power bank is a bit thick at 1-inch. It weighs 6.7 oz (235 grams) and has dimensions of 5.21 x 2.72 x 0.55 inches.
Aukey 10000 PD Pros
- Reasonably priced
- Fast-charges iPhone 8 from empty to fifty percent in 60 minutes.
- Fast-charges latest iPhone 11 series and XR, XS etc. from empty to fifty percent in 30 minutes.
- Can be charged in via micro-USB or USB-C
- Can fully charge iPhone 8 three times (10% to 100% four times)
- Takes 3.5 hours to be fully charged with a USB-C PD wall charger or any Macbook charger or iPad Pro 2018 charger
- Quickcharge 3.0 allows it to fast-charge almost all latest Android smartphones including S10, S9 etc.
- Supports charging of ultra-low current devices such as wireless headphones and fitness trackers
Aukey 10000 PD Cons
- No USB-C to USB-C cable included but no complaints given the price
Best High Capacity Fast-Charging Portable Charger for iPhone 8 (18-watt USB-C PD)
Aukey 20000 PD will fast charge both the latest iPhones (12, 11, 11 Pro/Max, XR/XS/X/8/8+ etc.) and also the latest Androids, and of course your iPhone 8 as well. It supports both 18-watt USB-C PD and Quickcharge 3.0 fast-charging standards.
It can charge your iPhone 8 zero to 50% in 30 minutes (three times faster than conventional charging) and will charge your iPhone 8 almost 7 times on one charge which means going almost 5 days a week without caring about charging your portable charger.
The power bank takes about 6 hours to be fully charged with a USB-C PD wall charger or any Macbook charger. One of the best things about Aukey 20000 PD is that it can be charged in three ways – with Apple Lightning cable, with micro-USB-C cable, and also with a USB-C cable.
Aukey 20000 PD weighs 14 oz (about 398 grams) which is great for 20000 mAh capacity. The portable charger measures 6.98 x 2.71 x 0.97 inches.
Aukey 20000 PD Pros
- Can charge your iPhone 8 almost seven times
- Charges iPhone 8 from zero to 50% in 30 mins (three times faster than conventional charging)
- Can be charged directly with iPhone 8 charger using the Lightning cable
- Gets fully charged in 6 hours with a USB-C PD wall charger or any Macbook charger.
- USB Power Delivery 18-watt & Quickcharge 3.0 supported
- Weighs 14 oz which is pretty light for 20000 mAh
- 2.4 amp charging for iPhones 7/7+/6s/6/6+/6s+ – twice as fast as Apple Iphone chargers
- Reasonably priced
Aukey 20000 PD Cons
- No USB-C to Lightning cable included
Best Portable Charger for iPhone 8 and MacBooks (max 45-watt USB-C PD)
RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD is the new high-output USB-C PD portable charger for iPhone 8 that is compatible with a wide range of USB type-C devices such as Macbooks, latest iPads (iPad Pro 2018, iPad mini 2019, iPad Air 3) and many latest laptops.
The power bank fast-charges both the latest iPhones including the iPhone 8, 11 11 Pro/Max/XR etc. and latest Android phones that support 18-watt USB-C PD including Samsung S10, S10+, S9, etc. RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD supports 18-watt USB-C PD for the majority of the latest smartphones, up to 45-watt USB-PD charging for Macbooks, and also 2.4 amp charging for older iPhones. It can recharge 2 devices at a time with its USB-A and USB-C charging ports.
RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD takes about 4 hours to get fully charged with a 30-watt PD charger. You can also use any Macbook Air or Macbook Pro USB-C charger (29-watt/61 watt or 87-watt) to fully charge it in 4 hours. There are two ports for charging the power bank – micro-USB and USB-C port. The power bank can fully charge iPhone 8 seven times. Weighing 14 oz (about 395 grams), RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD has dimensions of 6.3 x 3 x 0.9 inches.
- Charge iPhone 8 almost seven times
- Fast-charges iphone 8 and other latest iPhones/iPads from zero to 50% in 30 minutes
- Charges Macbooks at fast 45-watt charging speed
- Can be charged with any Macbook charger or a 30-watt PD charger in just 4 hours
- Charges MacBook Air 2018 once
- Weighs 14 oz which is great for 20000 mAh
- USB-C to USB-C cable included
- Cannot be charged directly with the iPhone 8 charger using the Apple Lightning cable. You can however charge it with the iPhone 8 charger with the provided micro-USB cable.