The iPad 2018 is comes with a battery capacity of 8827 mAh. If you are like us and want to Netflix, watch countless cat videos and play games when on the move or while travelling, then you will need a portable charger for your iPad 2018.
Here are some of our preferred choices of best portable chargers for iPad 2018.
Best Ultra-Light Future Proof Power Bank for iPad 2018
Aukey 10000 PD (Comes With Lightning + USB-C + micro-USB input)
Aukey 10000 PD supports fast-charging of all the latest iPhones/iPads and is our pick as the best compact portable charger for iPad 2018. Its 10000 mAh capacity is enough for charging the iPad 2018 from from 20% to 100% once or you can top-up the iPad 2018 from 50% to 100% once, and charge your iPhone 11/XR/8/7 once. Aukey 10000 PD supports both USB-C Power Delivery and QuickCharge 3.0 so the power bank will fast-charge all the latest iPhones (12 series, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XR, XS, X, XS Max, 8, 8 Plus, 7 Plus) from zero to 50% in 30 mins and also fast-charge most of the latest Android phones (Samsung S10, S10+, S9, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3 etc.).
The Aukey 10000 PD portable charger supports the highest possible charging speed for iPad 2018 @ 2.4 amps. This means it will also charge all iPhones at twice the speed of Apple iPhone 5-watt charger.
A unique feature of Aukey 10000 PD is that it can be charged in three ways – directly with the Apple Lightning cable, or with USB-C and micro-USB chargers that come with Android phones . So, you would not have to carry a separate cable everywhere just to charge the power bank. with a USB-C cable. Aukey 10000 PD gets fully charged in 3.5 hours with a USB-C PD charger or an Apple iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max charger. It gets charged in 6 hours with the iPad 2018 charger and in 12 hours with the standard 5-watt Apple iPhone charger.
Weighing 8.3 oz (235 grams), Aukey 10000 PD has dimensions of 4.21 x 2.72 x 0.94 inches.
Aukey 10000 PD Pros
- Reasonably priced
- Charges iPad 2018 from 20% to 100% once.
- Charges iPad 2018 at its maximum possible charging speed of 2.4 amps.
- 18 watt USB-C PD + Quickcharge 3.0 means it can fast-charge all latest iPhones and the latest Android phones
- Fully charges large-screen iPhones (8+, 7+, XR, XS, 11, 11 Pro, 12 series) more than two times
- Charges small-screen iPhones (8/7/6s/5s) more than three times
- Can be charged in three ways, most importantly with Apple lightning cable
- Takes 3.5 hours to be fully charged with USB-C PD chargers
- A bit thick at 1-inch thickness
Best Future Proof Portable Charger for iPad 2018
Aukey 20000 PD is our top pick as best future-ready power bank for iPad 2018 as it has adequate 20000 mAh battery capacity and supports fast-charging of all the latest iPhones/iPads. The power bank will fast-charge the iPad 2018 at it fastest possible charging speed and has enough battery to charge the iPad 2018 fully once and still have enough battery left to charge iPhone XR/11/11 Pro/XS fully once.
It has same USB-C PD and Quickcharge 3.0. support as its 10000mah smaller brother and hence can charge all latest iPhones including 12 & 11 series, and most Android phones.
Just like, Aukey 10000 PD, Aukey 20000 PD can also be charged in three ways – with an Apple Lightning cable, or with USB-C cable or with a micro-USB cable. It can get fully charged in 3.5 hours with any USB-C Power Delivery wall charger or the iPhone 12 series, 11 Pro/11 Pro Max Charger. Aukey 20000 PD is hence an excellent all-in-one solution for iPhone/iPad users as you won’t have to carry a different charger or cables just to charge the power bank. Your iPhone, iPad, and the power bank can all be charged with one cable only – the Lightning cable.
Aukey 10000 PD gets fully charged in 6 hours with a USB-C PD charger or an Apple iPhone 11 Pro/Pro Max charger. It gets charged in 12 hours with the iPad 2018 charger and in about 22 hours with the standard 5-watt Apple iPhone charger.
The power bank has a weight of 13.5 oz ( 380 grams) which is light for a portable charger with 20000 mAh capacity. Aukey 20000 PD has dimensions of 6.98 x 2.71 x 0.97 inches.
Aukey 20000 PD Pros
- Can charge your iPad 2018 fully once + iPhone 12/XR/11/11 Pro/8 fully one time
- Can be charged with a Lightning cable
- Charges all large-screen iPhones (8+, 7+, XR, XS, 11, 11 Pro, 12 series) about five times
- Charges small-screen iPhones (8/7/6s/5s/SE) about seven times
- Supports both 18-watt USB Power Delivery and Quickcharge 3.0
- Weighs 13.5 oz which good for 20000 mAh
- Gets fully charged in 6 hours with PD chargers
- Reasonably priced for such high capacity
Best Power Bank for iPad 2018 in Maximum Capacity allowed by TSA
EasyAcc 26000 comes in maximum battery capacity allowed by TSA (Transportation Security Administration) for in-flight carrying. This is one of the lightest premium 26800 mah power banks available in the market today and charges the iPad 2018 at its fastest possible 2.4 amp speed.
EasyAcc 26000 supports the fastest charging mode for iPad 2018, iPad 2017 as well as older iPads. The power bank provides 2.4 amp charging, which means charging speed of zero to 50% in 30-35 minutes for iPhones 8/7/6s/SE and zero to 50% in about 50 minutes for iPhone 12, 11/XR/8+/7+/X/XS and most Android phones. The portable charger will fast-charge the large-screen iPhones (8+, 7+, XR, XS, 11, 11 Pro, 12 series) about seven times and all the small-screen iPhones (8/7/6s/5s/SE) almost ten times.
The portable charger can charge 2 devices at high-speeds at the same time as it has 4.8 amp total combines output. For example, EasyAcc 26000 will fast-charge iPad 2018 at 2.4 amps and also charge an iPhone at 2.4 amp speed at the same time with the second port.
EasyAcc 26000 weighs 16 oz (450 grams) which is great for such high capacity and has the dimensions of 3.21 x 7.09 x 0.87 inches.
EasyAcc 26000 gets fully charged in 15-16 hours with the iPad 2018 charger and in about 28 hours with the standard 5-watt Apple iPhone charger. You can also charge it in just 8 hours using a the provided dual cables with a 2.4 amp charger such as Anker Elite Dual charger.
EasyAcc 26000 Pros
- Charges iPad 2018 fully more than two times
- Charges iPad 2018 and iPhone 7/7+ and older at their fastest charging speed of 2.4 amps
- Charges all iPhones at twice the speed of Apple 5-watt charger.
- Very Reasonably priced for 26800 mAh battery capacity
- Charges all large-screen iPhones almost seven times
- Charges all small-screen iPhones almost ten times
- Charges iPads, and iPhones at 2.4 amp speed
- Highest battery capacity approved by Transportation Security Administration
- Comes with a flashlight
- Very long charging time of 15 hour minimum with the iPad 2018 charger or any 2.4 amp charger. However, you can use a dual port charger such as Anker Elite Dual charger with provided two cables to charge it in just 8 hours
Best Portable Charger for iPad 2018 and MacBooks + iPhones
If you also own a Macbook, then you will require much higher output from your portable charger to charge the Macbook at speeds comparable to your Macbook charger. RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD comes with 45-watt output that is perfect for charging Macbooks as well as fast-charging all the latest iPads and iPhones including iPad Pro 2019, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and Pro Max . The RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD portable charger will fast-charge a macbook Air about once or charge the iPad 2018 about two times. Or it can charge the iPad 2018 once and charge most iPhones fully once.
RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD provides charging speed of zero to 50% in 30 mins for the latest iPhone 12, 11/11 Pro/Max, XR, X, 8, 8+. The portable charger can charge all the large-screen iPhones (12 series, 11, 11 Pro/XR/XS/X/8+/7+) about five times and all the small-screen iPhones (8/7/6s/5s/SE) about seven times.
The portable charger has two charging ports – a USB-C PD port and a regular USB port.
The RAVPower 20000 45-watt USB-C PD power bank is very reasonably priced for 20000mAh battery capacity with USB-C PD. The portable charger gets fully charged in 4 hours with a USB-C PD wall charger or a Macbook Air/Pro charger . It also has a micro-USB port for charging it with old Android chargers, if needed.
RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD weighs about 15 oz (about 395 grams) which is a good weight for 20000mAh capacity and has the dimensions of 6.3 x 3 x 0.9 inches.
- Charges iPad 2018 more than two times
- Charges Macbooks at 45-watt and charges Macbook Air 2018 almost once
- Fast charges latest iPhone 12 series, 11 series, 2019/2018 iPads and Macbooks
- Charges large-screen iPhones about five times
- Will charge all the small-screen iPhones about seven times
- USB-C to USB-C cable included
- Gets fully charged in 4 hours with the Macbook charger or any 45-watt USB-C PD charger
- Weighs 15 oz which is great for 20000 mAh
- Charges old iPhones (7/7+ and older) twice as fast as Apple 5-watt charger via the USB port
- Fast-charges most latest Android phones as well such as Samsung S21, 20, S10/S9/S8/Pixel 3 XL/3/2XL etc.
- Cannot be charged directly with the Lightning cable