Samsung Galaxy S9, S8, S7 series as well as Note 8, Note 5, and Note 4 phones are currently the bestselling Android smartphones in the world. While these phones come with hefty 3000 mah to 4000 mAh batteries, the ever power hungry apps and games have made portable power backup essential not only for travellers and commuters, but also for general users.
Samsung Galaxy S Series & Note/J/A Series – 18 watt fast charging to rule them all
The best thing while deciding to buy a powerbank for Samsung Galaxy or Note series phones is that all the recent Samsung Galaxy and Note phones use the same fast charging method and hence require exactly the same type of powerbanks. That is right. From the latest Galaxy S9+, S9, S8, S8+, Note 8 to the older S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, older S5, S4 phones as well as the J7, J5, A9, A7, A5, A3 series phones – all of them can be charged at the fastest possible speed with powerbanks that support 18 watt (9 volt @ 2 amp) charging. This means –
- All the Samsung Galaxy S series, Note series as well as J7, J5, A9, A7, A5, A3 series phones can be charged at fastest speed using USB-C PD powerbanks with minimum output of 18 watt.
- All these Samsung smartphones can be charged at fastest speed using any QuickCharge 3.0 or Quickcharge 2.0 supporting powerbanks. This is because the 18 watt (9 volts @ 2 amps) fast charging mode supported by Samsung phones is supported by both QuickCharge 2.0 and Quickcharge 3.0.
Therefore, if you use Samsung Galaxy S series or Note/A/J series smartphones, the powerbank you purchase for your existing phone will continue to be of optimum use for fast charging even if you upgrade to other Samsung smartphones.
Here is our list of the best fast charging power banks for the latest Samsung smartphones –
# Best lightest and compact fast charging power bank for Samsung S9 and S8 (also for Note 8, Note5, A series & J series)
RAVPower 10000mAh Portable Charger with QC 3.0 Input/Output
Anker PowerCore II 10000
RAVPower 10000mAh Qc 3.0 and Anker PowerCore II 10000 are our top choice for lightest and most compact fast charging capable powerbank for Samsung S9, S9+, S8, S8+, S7/S6 and all Note/ A series and J series phones. Both these powerbanks will charge a Samsung S9, S8, S7 or Note 8 phone at least two times.
The RAVPower 10000mAh QC 3.0 weighs almost same (6.8 oz or 192 gm) as our other favourite compact powerbank – Anker PowerCore II 10000. The charging performance of both these powerbanks are almost the same for Samsung Phones. Both RAVPower 10000mAh QC 3.0 and Anker PowerCore II 10000 come with one charging port.. Also, you can charge RAVPower 10000mAh Qc 3.0 slightly faster (about in 3.5 hrs ) than Anker’s powerbank (4 hrs) by using a QC 3.0 wall charger.
Anker PowerCore II 10000 is a robustly built compact battery that can handle rough handling due to its squat and solid build. RAVPower 10000mAh Qc 3.0 is slimmer (.6 inches) and more pocketable than Anker PowerCore II 10000 which is .9 inches thick. Due to this you can easily hold RAVPower 10000mAh Qc 3.0 in your hand together with the phone while recharging.
Performance-wise both are very and either Anker PowerCore II 10000 or the RAVPower 10000mAh QC 3.0 will be a great choice if you need the lightest fast charging power backup solution for Samsung S9, S8, Note 8 and all other Series, J series, and A series phones.
RAVPower 10000mAh QC 3.0 features
- QC 3.0 output & Input supports fastest charging for not just Samsung smartphones but also other top Android smartphones.
- .6 inches slim with dimensions of 5.75 x 0.63 x 2.83 inch
- 6.8 oz or 192 gms weight
- Gets charged in 3.5 hrs
- Lifetime warranty
- Great price
Anker PowerCore II 10000 features
- QC 2.0 output & Input suits supports fastest charging for Anker PowerCore II Slim 10000 (Samsung phones DO NOT require QC 3.0 charging).
- At .9 inches slim and 3.8 x 2.4 x.9 inches it is not as pocketable and easy to hold with phone as RAVPower.
- 6.9 oz or 195 gms weight
- Gets charged in 4 hrs
- 18 months warranty
# Best slim fast charging power bank for Samsung S9 and S8 (as well as Note, A series & J series)
Anker PowerCore II Slim 10000
Anker PowerCore II Slim 10000 is out top choice as fast charging slim powerbank for Samsung S9, S8, Note 8 and other Samsung Phones. It will fully charge S9, S8, Note 8 etc two times.
It has a weight of 9 oz (254 gm) and has dimensions of 5.4 x 2.6 inches. Overall, we found it to be slightly sturdier in build than RAVPower’s slim RAVPower 10000mAh QC 3.0 owerbank. The 6.4 oz RAVPower is a better option if you want a powerbank that is both light and slim.
- Slim and phone sized powerbank can be held in hand with the phone while charging
- Supports fastest charging for all Samsung smartphones including S9, and S9+.
- Just one port
- 9 oz weight is quite higher than RAVPower slim powerbank RAVPower 10000mAh QC 3.0.
# Best 20000 mah fast charging power bank for Samsung S9 and S8 (as well as Note, A series & J series)
Anker PowerCore II 20000
RAVPower 20100 USB-C
Anker PowerCore II 20000 and RAVPower 20100-C are our picks as fast charging 20000 mah (4 full charges) powerbanks for Samsung S9, Note 8, S8, and S7.
RAVPower 20100-C is a versatile powerbank that also offers USB-C charging port as well. It can fast charge all Samsung smartphones including S9, and S9+ and can also recharge Google Nexus 6P and 5X at the fastest speed due to its 5 volt @ 3 amp mode support over USB-C.
RAVPower 20100-C also offers full QuickCharge 3.0 charging support allowing it to recharge QC 3.0 compatible phones such as Sony XZ1, HTC U11, LG V30 at fastest speeds. The RAVPower 20100-C powerbank can be recharged using QC 3.0 wall charger in 5 hours.
Another strong feature feature of RAVPower 20100-C is its price. At this price point, there is no other powerbank that can not only charge All Samsung phones but also recharge many other top phones at fastest speeds.
However, its only drawback is that it weighs 3 oz more than our other pick the Anker PowerCore II 20000.
- Fastest charging for all Samsung smartphones
- Fastest charging for Nexus 6P & 5X smartphones
- Fastest charging for QuickCharge 3.0 smartphones such as Sony XZ1, HTC U11, LG V30, Nokia 8 etc.
- Can be charged via either a normal USB charger, or a USB-C wall charger or a QC 3.0 wall charger
- Can be charged via QuickCharge 3.0 wall charger in 4.5 hours
- Sturdy build
- 3.2 inch body width makes it slighly unweildy to grip compared to Anker PowerCore II 20000
Anker PowerCore II 20000 is the our other pick as fast charging 20000 mAH powerbank for Samsung smartphones including S9, and S8 thanks to its sleek build and light 13 oz weight. This powerbank will fully charge Galaxy S9, Note 8 etc four times and has two USB charging ports.
You can recharge Anker PowerCore II 20000 using a Quickcharge charger in 5 hours. It has dimensions of 6.5 x 2.4 x .9 inches and its 2.4 inch width of Anker PowerCore II 20000 makes it easy to grip in the hand alongside your phone. Its 10-position indicator is also better than 4-position indicators on other powerbanks.
- Fastest charging for all Samsung smartphones
- Can be charged via QuickCharge wall charger in 5 hours
- Sturdy and easy to grip
- 2.4 inch width is easy to hold
- 10-position battery indicator
- Priced higher
# Best high capacity fast charging power bank for Samsung S9 and S8 (as well as Note, A series & J series)
RAVPower 26800 USB-C PD
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 QC 3.0 with wall charger
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 US-C PD bundled with USB-C wall charger
All these three excellent powerbanks come with the highest TSA-allowed battery capacity (27000 mah or 100 Watt-hours) and will fast recharge Samsung S9, S8, Note 8, etc. five times. While all the four are perfectly good powerbanks for your S9/S9+/S8/S7/ or Note 8, we are describing their differences in detail to help you make an informed choice.
RAVPower 26800 USB-C PD 30 watt comes without any bundled wall charger and it can be recharged either by a standard USB 2.4 amp wall charger in 14-15 hours or by a US-C PD wall charger in 4.5 hours. RAVPower 26800 USB-C PD will also recharge your Macbooks, iPad, Nintendo Switch, iPhone X/8/8+, and most other USB-C Android phones at fastest speed.
We recommend buying a USB-C PD 30 watt powerbank such as RAVPower 26800 USB-C PD (instead of a QC 3.0 powerbank) as both Google and Apple are moving towards USB-C PD in their latest phones. The latest iPhones (iPhone X, 8, 8+) also now support USB-C fast charging.
- Fastest charging for all Samsung smartphones including S9, S9+
- Can charge a wide variety of phones and devices such as Macbooks, iPads etc at fastest speed.
- Can be charged via a USB-C wall charger in 5 hours
- Can also be charged with both a USB-C wall charger or a regular wall charger in about 14 hrs ( using 2 amp wall charger).
- An option with bundled USB-C wall charger would have been good
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 QuickCharge 3.0 with wall charger is a great cost-effective high capacity power backup option for your Samsungs if you also require a QC 3.0 wall charger.
The Anker Powercore+ 26800 will get charged by the bundled QC 3.0 charger in about 7 hours. Using a standard 1 amp USB charger, it will take up to 24 hours to charge.
Anker Powercore+ 26800 will also recharge QC 3.0 smartphones such as Sony XZ1, Nokia 8, LG V30, HTC U11, at highest speed.
- Fastest charging for all Samsung smartphones including S9, S9+
- Can be charged via a QC wall charger in 7 hours
- While it is a great choice for fastest charging of all Samsung phones as well as QC 3.0 phones such as Sony XZ1, HTC U11, Nokia 8, etc. the support for QC 3.0 in future devices is uncertain and USB-C PD has the upper hand.
- Gets charged slower than USB-C PD version (7 hrs vs 4.5 hrs)
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 USB-C PD is Anker’s latest version of its PowerCore+ 26800 high capacity powerbank and comes with 30 watt USB-C PD support.
It is a great choice if you require both a powerbank and quality a USB-C PD wall charger as the bundled USB-C wall charger will cost almost $30 if purchased separately.
The Anker Powercore+ 26800 PD can be charged by the bundled 30-watt USB-C PD wall charger in about 5 hours.
The Anker Powercore+ 26800 PD will also recharge all devices requiring USB-C PD such as Macbooks, USB-C ultrabooks, iPad, Nintendo Switch (while being played), iPhone X/8/8+, and most other upcoming USB-C Android phones at their fastest speed. We recommend buying a USB-C PD 30 watt powerbank (instead of a Quickcharge 3.0 powerbank) as both Google and Apple are moving towards USB-C PD in their latest phones and the charging speeds of USB-C PD powerbanks are almost same as QC 3.0 powerbanks.
Besides being reasonably future proof, an added advantage of USB-C PD powerbanks is that high capacity USB-C PD powerbanks such as Anker Powercore+ 26800 PD or RAVPower 26800 USB-C PD can be charged much faster over USB-C PD ( about 4.5 hours) than their Quickcharge counterparts (7 hours+).
- Fastest charging for all Samsung smartphones ranging from S9, S9+ to S8, S8+, J series and A series
- Can charge Macbooks, iPads, Nintendo Switch, USB-C ultrabooks et.c at fastest speed.
- Can be charged via a USB-C wall charger in 4.5 hours
- A lower priced option without the bundled USB-C wall charger would have been good for users who already have a wall charger