Apple’s iPhone XS Max came with one of the biggest batteries ever in any iPhone – 3174 mAh. The XS Max supports fast charging at speed of zero to 50% charge in 30 minutes with a 18-watt USB-C PD charger or power bank. The only other thing you need for fast-charging iPhone XS max is a USB-C to Lightning cable. Our picks for best portable chargers for iPhone XS Max support 18w PD fast-charging for XS Max, and allow you to top-up the phone from empty to half in 30 minutes and empty to full in about 90 minutes.
Best Premium Lightweight Portable Charger for iPhone XS Max
Anker PowerCore 10000 PD
PowerCore 10000 PD is a recent release by Anker and is one of the most lightweight and premium USB-C PD power banks in the 10000mAh capacity range. PowerCore 10000 PD‘s 10000 mAh battery capacity will fully charge iPhone XS Max two times. This portable charger will fast charge the iPhone XS Max from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes.
18-watt USB-C PD charging of the PowerCore 10000 PD will not just fast-charge the iPhone XS Max, but also the other latest iPhones such as 8, X, XR, XS as well as most latest Android phones including Samsung S10+, S10, S9, Pixel, etc. from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes. It will charge the older iPhones (6, 6s, 7, 7 Plus) from zero to 50% in about 40 minutes as it supports 2.4 amp charging. The power bank will also charge the almost all Android phones up to 50% in about 50-55 minutes.
The two charging ports of the portable charger- USB-C and regular USB, enable it to charge two devices at once. For example, it can charge the iPhone XS Max as well as any other older iPhone 6, 6s, 7, 7 Plus, etc. at the same time. PowerCore 10000 PD will charge iPhones 7/7 Plus and older, at twice the charging speed (10 watt) of Apple iPhone chargers (5 watt).
The power bank has a weight of 6.8 oz (192 grams) and dimensions of 4.5 x 2.0 x 1.0 inches (11.5 x 5.0 x 2.5 cm). The build quality is premium with textured, grippy outer surface and new narrow/long design.
PowerCore 10000 PD Pros
- Light in weight at just 6.8 oz (200 grams)
- Charges iPhone XS Max from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- Premium build quality
- Gives iPhone XS Max two full charges
- Charges all latest iPhones XS/XR/8/8+ and all earlier iPhones at max speed
- Charges Samsung S10/S9/S8 etc. and all Pixels also at zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- Takes 3.5 hours to get recharged by a 18-watt USB-C PD charger or any Macbook charger
- Supports 18-watt USB-C PD charging + 10-watt charging from regular USB-port
- 2 charging ports – USB-C and regular USB that enable the power bank to fast charge two devices at once
- 28-watt maximum output from both ports lets you charge two phones at once
- 1 inch thick, a slimmer design would have been better
Best Compact Power Bank for iPhone XS Max (Runner Up)
Aukey 10000 PD Lightning input power bank
Aukey 10000 PD is one of the most versatile and compact PD portable chargers in the Aukey’s 10000 mAh range. This PD power bank will charge the iPhone XS Max from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes via 18-watt USB-C PD charging and has adequate battery capacity of 10000 mAh to fully charge your iPhone XS Max two times.
Besides the XS Max, Aukey 10000 PD will also fast-charge other latest iPhones such as 8, X, XR and XS. The portable charger will also fast-charge almost all the latest Android phones including the latest Samsung S10, S9, etc. from zero to 50% in half-hour. It can fully charge most the latest iPhones and latest Androids a minimum of two times. S10+/Note 9 can be charged about 1.5 times.
Any 18-watt USB-C PD charger such as RAVPower 18-watt PD charger or Anker PowerPort PD2 30-watt will recharge the power bank in just 3.5 hours. Aukey 10000 PD has three input ports – Lightning port, USB-C port, and micro-USB port and hence, can be charged by either of the three cables- Lightning cable, USB-C cable, or a micro-USB cable. The portable charger also has a ‘low current charging mode’ which delivers less than 60 mA current for charging to devices such as wireless earbuds, fitness bands etc.
Aukey 10000 PD has a weight of 8.3 oz (235 grams), which makes it portable and light to carry.
- Fully charges iPhone XS Max twice
- Gives the iPhone XS Max zero to 50% charge in about 30 minutes
- Fast charges all latest iPhones (8, X, XR, XS, XS Max etc.)
- Can be charged in 3.5 hours with USB-C PD charger such as Anker PowerPort PD2 30-watt
- Can be charged directly with Apple iPhone XS Max phone charger via Lightning port in 12 hours
- Fast charges almost all the latest Android phones (Samsung S10, S9, LG G8/V50 etc.)
- Supports both 18-watt USB-C PD and QuickCharge 3.0
- Can be charged by- Lightning cable, micro-USB cable, or USB-C cable
- Very reasonably priced
- Low current charging mode
- A USB-A to USB-C cable included
- 24-month warranty
- No USB-C to USB-C cable included
Best 20000mah Portable Charger for iPhone XS Max and iPads (4-5 charges)
Aukey 20000 PD 18-watt USB-C PD + Lightning input + Quickcharge 3.0 input/output
Aukey 20000 PD is a very reasonably priced high-capacity 18-watt USB-C Power Delivery portable charger. It supports both 18-watt USB-C PD and QuickCharge 3.0, making it a very versatile power bank not just for the XS Max but also all other iPhones and even most Android phones.
Aukey 20000 PD will fast-charge the iPhone XS Max from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes as it supports 18-watt USB-C PD charging. 20000 mAh battery capacity of the Aukey 20000 PD allows it to give the iPhone XS Max four full charges (Almost 4 and a half charges in fact).
The power bank weighs 14 oz (390 grams) and comes in dimensions of 6.98 x 2.71 x 0.97 inches (17.7 x 6.9 x 2.5 cm).
Aukey 20000 PD has three ports to get recharged- Lightning port, USB-C port, and micro-USB port. It takes about 6 hours to get recharged by any 18-watt USB-C PD wall charger such as RAVPower 18-watt PD charger or Anker PowerPort PD2 30-watt .
The 20000 mah capacity also makes Aukey 20000 PD for iPad owners as it will fully charge (and fast-charge) all latest iPads once and still fast-charge any iPhone two times.
The power bank also has Quickcharge 3.0 support and together with 18-watt PD, this allows it to charge almost all Samsung, LG, Google Pixel, Moto and other Android phones to 50% in 30 mins.
Aukey 20000 PD also comes with low power mode for charging smart watches wireless earbuds etc. that draw current lower than 60 mA.
- Gives the iPhone XS Max four full charges + one half-charge (4.5 charges)
- 18-watt USB-C PD charging will give zero to 50% charge to the XS Max in about 30 minutes
- Also fast-charges latest iPad Pro 2018, iPad Air 3 and ipad mini 2019 via USB-C PD
- Three input ports to charge the power bank- Lightning Port, USB-C Port, micro-USB port
- Gets recharged in just 6 hours by 18-watt USB-C PD charger such as RAVPower 18-watt PD charger or Anker PowerPort PD2 30-watt
- Can be even charged directly via the Lightning port by the Apple 5-watt charger for the XS Max in about 20 hours
- Weighs 14 oz (390 grams)
- Supports 18-watt USB-C PD both QuickCharge 3.0
- Low current charging mode
- 24-month product replacement warranty
- No USB-C to USB-C cable included
Best High Capacity Power Bank for iPhone XS Max and Macbooks
RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD
RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD is a high-output USB-C PD power bank with 45-watt USB-C PD output for charging latest Macbook Air and Macbook Pro, besides charging the XS Max at its fastest speed of zero to 50% in about 30 minutes. Its 20000 mAh battery capacity will charge the iPhone XS Max four times.
The power bank also fast charges all other latest (and older) iPhones such as 8, XS, XR. etc. and most latest Android phones such as Samsung S10 Plus, S10, S9, etc. The 20000 mah capacity is adequate to charge Macbook Air 2018/2019 almost once.
RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD itself get charged in about 4 hours by any 30-watt USB-C PD charger including Macbook Pro and Macbook Air chargers. Two excellent 30-watt PD chargers that we recommend are RAVPower 61 watt PD charger (Can also charge Macbook Pro at 61 watt and Macbook Air at 45-watt) and Anker Powerport II PD 49.5 watt Dual Port (30-watt max for Macbooks)
The portable charger has two output ports- USB-C and a regular USB port and can charge two devices at once. Apart from all the latest iPhones and most latest Android phones, it can also fast-charge all older iPhones such as 6, 6s, 7, 7 Plus twice as fast as original Apple 1-amp iPhone chargers as it supports 2.4 amp charging from the regular USB port.
RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD weighs around 14.1 oz (398 grams) and has dimensions of 6.3 x 3.0 x 0.9 inches.
- 45-watt USB-C PD output for charging Macbook Air and Macbook Pro
- 18-watt USB-C PD charges iPhone XS Max from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- 20000 mAh battery capacity will charge iPhone XS Max four times + one half charge (4.5 times)
- Can charge Macbook Air 2018/2019 almost once
- Fast-charges all latest iPhones such as XR, XS, X, etc. and latest Android phones such as Samsung S10 Plus, S10, S9, etc.
- Gets recharged in about 4 hours by any 30-watt USB-C PD charger
- Can be even charged by micro-USB cable/charger of old Android phones
- 2.4 amp charging for older iPhones such as 6, 6s, 7, 7 Plus, etc.
- Weighs around 14.1 oz (398 grams)
- USB-C to USB-C cable included
- Cannot be charged by Apple Lightning cable