Apple’s iPhone XS Max came with one of the biggest batteries ever in any iPhone – 3174 mAh. The XS Max supports fast charging at speed of zero to 50% charge in 30 minutes with a 18-watt USB-C PD charger or power bank. The only other thing you need for fast-charging iPhone XS max is a USB-C to Lightning cable. Our picks for best portable chargers for iPhone XS Max support 18w PD fast-charging for XS Max, and allow you to top-up the phone from empty to half in 30 minutes and empty to full in about 90 minutes.
Best Premium Lightweight Portable Charger for iPhone XS Max
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD is a recent release by Anker and is one of the most lightweight and premium USB-C PD power banks in the 10000mAh capacity range. PowerCore Slim 10000 PD ‘s 10000 mAh battery capacity will fully charge iPhone XS Max two times. This portable charger will fast charge the iPhone XS Max from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes.
18-watt USB-C PD charging of the PowerCore Slim 10000 PD will not just fast-charge the iPhone XS Max, but also the other latest iPhones such as iPhone 12 series, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro max, 8, X, XR, XS as well as most latest Android phones including Samsung S10+, S10, S9, Pixel, etc. from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes. It will charge the older iPhones (6, 6s, 7, 7 Plus) from zero to 50% in about 40 minutes as it supports 2.4 amp charging. The power bank will also charge the almost all Android phones up to 50% in about 50-55 minutes.
PowerCore Slim 10000 PD will itself get fully charged in about 3.5 hours by any 18-watt USB-C PD charger (such as Macbook chargers, iPad Pro chargers or Samsung/Pixel chargers).
The two charging ports of the portable charger- USB-C and regular USB, enable it to charge two devices at once. For example, it can charge the iPhone XS Max as well as any other older iPhone 6, 6s, 7, 7 Plus, etc. at the same time. PowerCore Slim 10000 PD will charge iPhones 7/7 Plus and older, at twice the charging speed (10 watt) of Apple iPhone chargers (5 watt).
The power bank has a weight of 6.8 oz (192 grams) and dimensions of 4 x 5.7 x .55 inches . The build quality is premium with textured, grippy outer surface and slim long phone-type design.
- Light in weight at just 6.8 oz (200 grams)
- Very slim at .55 inches (14mm)
- Charges iPhone XS Max from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- Premium build quality
- Gives iPhone XS Max two full charges
- Charges all latest iPhones 12, 12 Pro/Mini/Pro Max, 11, 11 Pro/Max, XS/XR/8/8+ and all earlier iPhones at fastest speed
- Charges Samsung S10/S9/S8 etc. and all Pixels also at zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- Takes 3.5 hours to get recharged by a 18-watt USB-C PD charger or any Macbook charger
- Supports 18-watt USB-C PD charging and 12-watt charging from regular USB-port
- 2 charging ports – USB-C and regular USB that enable the power bank to fast charge two devices at once
Best Compact Power Bank for iPhone XS Max (Runner Up)
ZMI 10000 USB-C power bank
ZMI 10000 USB-C Slim is one of the most versatile and compact PD portable chargers in the ZMI’s 10000 mAh range. ZMI is a lesser known maker of premium power banks and is affiliated with Xiaomi/Mi – one of the world’s largest phone makers. This USB-C PD power bank will charge the iPhone XS Max from zero to 55% in about 30 minutes via 18-watt USB-C PD charging and has adequate battery capacity of 10000 mAh to fully charge your iPhone XS Max two times.
Besides the XS Max, ZMI 10000 PD will also fast-charge other latest iPhones such as 12 series, 11, 11 Pro, 8, X, XR and XS. The portable charger will also fast-charge almost all the latest Android phones including the latest Samsung S21/20 Note 20/10 etc. from zero to 50% in half-hour. It can fully charge most the latest iPhones and latest Androids a minimum of two times. S10+/Note 9 can be charged about 1.5 times.
Any 18-watt USB-C PD charger or Anker PowerPort PD2 30-watt will recharge the power bank in just 3.5 hours. ZMI 10000 PD has two input ports – a USB-C port, and micro-USB port and hence, can be charged by either by a USB-C cable or a micro-USB cable. The portable charger also has a ‘low current charging mode’ which delivers less than 60 mA current for charging to devices such as wireless earbuds, fitness bands etc.
ZMI 10000 PD has a weight of 6.8 oz (205 grams), which makes it portable and light to carry.
ZMI 10000 PD Pros
- Fully charges iPhone XS Max twice
- Gives the iPhone XS Max zero to 55% charge in about 30 minutes
- Fast charges all latest iPhones (12, 11, 11 Pro, 8, X, XR, XS, XS Max etc.)
- Can be charged in 3.5 hours with USB-C PD charger such as Anker PowerPort PD2 30-watt
- Premium fabric finish and build quality.
- Can be charged directly with Apple iPhone XS Max phone charger via micro-USB port in 12 hours
- Fast charges almost all the latest Android phones (Samsung S21/20 LG G8/V50 etc.)
- Supports both 18-watt USB-C PD and QuickCharge 3.0
- Can be charged by micro-USB cable, or USB-C cable
- Very reasonably priced
- Low current charging mode
- Two cables – A USB-C to USB-C cable and a USB-A to USB-C cable included
Best 20000mah Portable Charger for iPhone XS Max and iPads (4-5 charges)
Amazonbasics 20000 PD is a very reasonably priced high-capacity 18-watt USB-C Power Delivery portable charger. It supports 18-watt USB-C PD making it a very versatile power bank not just for the XS Max but also all other iPhones and even most Android phones.
Amazonbasics 20000 PD will fast-charge the iPhone XS Max from zero to 55% in about 30 minutes as it supports 18-watt USB-C PD charging. 20000 mAh battery capacity of the Amazonbasics 20000 PD allows it to give the iPhone XS Max four full charges (Almost 4 and a half charges in fact).
The power bank weighs 13.8 oz (355 grams) and comes in dimensions of 6.98 x 2.71 x 0.97 inches (17.7 x 6.9 x 2.5 cm).
Amazonbasics 20000 PD has a USB-C port to get recharged. It takes about 4 hours to get recharged by any 18-watt USB-C PD wall charger such as Amazonbasics 30-watt PD charger or Anker PowerPort PD2 30-watt .
The 20000 mah capacity also makes Amazonbasics 20000 PD great fit for iPad owners as it will fully charge (and fast-charge) all latest iPads once and still fast-charge any iPhone two times.
The power bank also has Quickcharge 3.0 support and together with 18-watt PD, this allows it to charge almost all Samsung, LG, Google Pixel, Moto and other Android phones to 50% in 30 mins.
- Gives the iPhone XS Max four full charges + one half-charge (4.5 charges)
- 18-watt USB-C PD charging will give zero to 50% charge to the XS Max in about 30 minutes
- Also fast-charges latest iPad Pros, iPad Air 3 and ipad mini 2019 via USB-C PD
- Gets recharged in just 6 hours by 18-watt USB-C PD charger
- Can be even charged directly via the Lightning port by the Apple 5-watt charger for the XS Max in about 20 hours
- Weighs 13.8 oz (335 grams)
- Supports 18-watt USB-C PD
- No USB-C to USB-C cable included
Best High Capacity Power Bank for iPhone XS Max and Macbooks
ZMI 20000 45-watt PD is a high-output USB-C PD power bank with 45-watt USB-C PD output for charging latest Macbook Air and Macbook Pro, besides charging the XS Max at its fastest speed of zero to 50% in about 30 minutes. Its 20000 mAh battery capacity will charge the iPhone XS Max four times.
The power bank also fast charges all other latest (and older) iPhones such as 12 series, 11, 11 Pro, 8, XS, XR. etc. and most latest Android phones such as Samsung S21/20, etc. The 20000 mah capacity is adequate to charge latest Macbook Airs almost once.
ZMI 20000 45-watt PD itself get charged in about 4 hours by any 30-watt USB-C PD charger including Macbook Pro and Macbook Air chargers. Two excellent 30-watt PD chargers that we recommend are AmazonBasics 61 watt PD charger (Can also charge Macbook Pro at 61 watt and Macbook Air at 45-watt) and Anker Powerport II PD 49.5 watt Dual Port (30-watt max for Macbooks).
The portable charger has two output ports- USB-C and a regular USB port and can charge two devices at once. Apart from all the latest iPhones and most latest Android phones, it can also fast-charge all older iPhones such as 6, 6s, 7, 7 Plus twice as fast as original Apple 1-amp iPhone chargers as it supports 2.4 amp charging from the regular USB port.
ZMI 20000 45-watt PD weighs around 14.1 oz (398 grams) and has dimensions of 6.3 x 3.0 x 0.9 inches.
ZMI 20000 45-watt PD Pros
- 45-watt USB-C PD output for charging Macbook Air and Macbook Pro
- 18-watt USB-C PD charges iPhone XS Max from zero to 55% in about 30 minutes
- 20000 mAh battery capacity will charge iPhone XS Max four times + one half charge (4.5 times)
- Can charge Macbook Air almost once
- Fast-charges all latest iPhones – iPhone 11, 11 Pro/Max, XR, XS, X, etc. and latest Android phones such as Samsung S10 Plus, S10, S9, etc.
- Gets recharged in about 4 hours by any 30-watt USB-C PD charger
- Can be even charged by micro-USB cable/charger of old Android phones
- 2.4 amp charging for older iPhones such as 6, 6s, 7, 7 Plus, etc.
- Weighs around 14.1 oz (398 grams)
- USB-C to USB-C cable included