Samsung Galaxy S9 came with a raft of updates and a battery capacity of 3000 mAh. The phone supports 15-watt Samsung Adaptive fast-charging which charges it from zero to 50% in 30 minutes. Best portable chargers for Samsung Galaxy S9 support its 15-watt fast-charging mode and charge it as fast as the included wall charger. Here is our selection of the best portable chargers for Samsung Galaxy S9 –
Best Portable Charger for Samsung Galaxy S9 (Overall)
Anker PowerCore II Slim 10000
Anker’s PowerCore II Slim 10000 is an all-rounder fast-charging power bank for Samsung S9 as it is lightweight, slim, robust, and charges S9 at its maximum possible charging speed. The portable charger will fast-charge the Samsung S9 from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes and charges the Galaxy S9 fully two times.
Besides the S9, the PowerCore II Slim 10000 will also fast-charge other latest Samsung phones (S10, S10 Plus, S9 Plus, S8, S8 Plus, S7, etc.) as it supports Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging, and charges all these phones minimum two times.
The portable charger has a weight of 7.2 oz (210 grams) which makes it light for its battery capacity. It has dimensions of 5.4 x 2.6 x 0.6in (13.7 x 6.6 x 1.6 cm). It is very pocketable due to its slim narrow design.
The powerbank gets charged via the micro-USB port. It takes about 4-5 hours for PowerCore II Slim 10000 to get recharged with the Samsung S9 charger or any other QuickCharge 3.0 charger. The portable charger comes with a free micro-USB cable.
For charging iPhones and old Android phones, PowerCore II Slim 10000 supports 2.4 amp charging and hence, can fast-charge all iPhones at twice the speed (zero to 50% in 40-50 minutes) of the Apple iPhone charger, which delivers just 1 amp.
- Two full charges for Samsung S9
- Powers up the Samsung S9 from empty to half in about 30 minutes
- Weighs 7.2 oz (210 grams), light in weight
- Gets recharged through Samsung S9 charger or any QuickCharge 3.0 charger in about 4-5 hours
- Fast-charges other latest Samsung phones from zero to half in about 30 minutes
- Slim design
- Sturdy premium build
- No USB-A to USB-C cable included for charging the S9
Tip: The micro-USB to USB-C connector that comes in the S9 package can be attached to the micro-USB cable included with the PowerCore II Slim 10000 to charge the phone.
Best High-Capacity Power Bank for Samsung Galaxy S9
Anker PowerCore II 20000 is a high-capacity fast-charging portable charger for the Samsung Galaxy S9 with a large battery size of 20000 mAh, which is enough to fully charge the Samsung S9 four times. The power bank charges the S9 from zero to 50% in just about 30 minutes.
PowerCore II 20000 will itself get charged in about 6 hours by the Samsung Galaxy S9 charger or any QuickCharge 3.0 charger. It has a micro-USB port and comes with a micro-USB cable that can be used for charging the power bank.
The portable charger will charge all the other latest Samsung smartphones such as Samsung S10 Plus, S10, S9 Plus, S8, Note 9, Note 8 etc. as it supports 15-watt Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging used by all these phones. Anker PowerCore II 20000 also supports 2.4 amp charging which enables it to fast-charge all the iPhones including XR, XS, XS Max, X, 8, 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6s+ etc. at double the speed of the included iPhone charger.
Anker PowerCore II 20000 has a weight of around 13 oz (370 grams) and dimensions of 6.4 x 2.7 x 0.9 inches (17 x 6.2 x 2.2 cm). The portable charger has a textured outer surface that makes it easy to grip and comes with a very convenient 8-point LED battery status indicator.
- Fully charges Samsung S9 four times
- Gives zero to 50% charge in about 30 minutes
- Gets charged through Samsung S9 charger or any QuickCharge 3.0 charger in about 6 hours
- Fast charges latest Samsung phones
- Charges all the iPhones at twice the speed (12 watt) of stock Apple iPhone charger (5 watt)
- Supports Samsung Adaptive charging as well as 2.4 amp charging for iPhones and old Android phones
- Weighs 13 oz (370 grams), one of the lightest portable chargers with 20000 mah capacity
- No USB-A to USB-C cable included. Samsung S9 gets charged via USB-C port, so to charge the phone, you will have to either use the USB-C cable that comes with the phone for use with power adapter, or buy a new USB-A to USB-C cable.
Tip: You can attach the micro-USB/USB-C connector that comes with the S9, to the micro-USB cable that comes with the PowerCore II 20000 and charge your S9 with the portable charger.
Best Future Ready USB-C Portable Charger for Samsung Galaxy S9
PowerCore 10000 PD Redux is a recently launched power bank that features 18-watt USB-C PD fast-charging. It has a premium build and a much more ergonomic design compared to older PowerCores. PowerCore 10000 PD fast-charges the Samsung S9 from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes via USB-C PD. The large battery size of 10000 mAh allows it to charge the Samsung S9 two times.
The power bank gets charged via the USB-C port. Any 18-watt USB-C PD charger will charge the PowerCore 10000 PD in about 3.5 hours.
PowerCore 10000 PD Redux is future-ready as it supports 18-watt USB-C PD, which is the preferred fast charging standard for almost all upcoming Android phones and iPhones. It will charge all latest iPhones including the 11, 11 Pro/Max, XS/XR/X/8 and latest Samsung/Android phones from empty to half in about 30 minutes. It will also charge the earlier iPhones (7, 7 Plus and older) from zero to 50% in about 40-50 minutes and older Samsung/Android phones in about 50-55 minutes.
The power bank has two ports – a USB-C and a regular USB port – that enable it to charge a wide range of phones. You can fast charge PD phones via USB-C PD port or charge older iPhones/Android phones via the regular USB port at maximum speed of 12-watts. You can also charge via both ports at once though in this mode combined output is reduced to 15-watts.
The PowerCore 10000 PD Redux portable charger has a fresh compact and narrow design with textured outer skin. The new design feels much better in the hand and is also much more pocketable as well. PowerCore 10000 PD weighs 6.8 oz (192 grams) and has dimensions of 4.5 x 2.0 x 1.0 inches (11.5 x 5.0 x 2.5 cms).
- Fast-charges Samsung Galaxy S9 from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- 10000 mAh battery capacity charges Samsung S9 two times
- Fast-charges all iPhones at their maximum charging speed
- Fast charges new iPhones (11, 11 Pro, XS/XR/X/8/8+) from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- Charges two devices at once at fast speeds
- Gets fully charged in 3.5 hours by any 18-watt USB-C PD charger
- Light and very compact
- Premium feel and build quality
- Comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable. You do not have to buy any extra cable to fast-charge the S9 with the portable charger.
Best High-Capacity Portable Charger for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Laptops
RAVPower has some of the most feature-rich power banks and RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD is its highest charging output USB-C PD portable charger with an incredible 45-watt output. It has a 20000 mAh battery capacity that will fully charge your Samsung Galaxy S9 about 4.5 times (four full charges + one half charge).
RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD will charge your Samsung Galaxy S9 from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes. It will also fast-charge other latest Samsung phones (Note 9, Note 8, S10, S9, S8 etc.) over USB-C PD. The PD output support enables it to fast-charge a wide range of PD compatible smartphones including most latest Android phones and iPhones (11, 11 Pro/Max, X, XS, XR, 8, 7,6, etc.).
The biggest differentiating feature of the RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD is that its high 45-watt output enables it to charge Macbooks, most Chromebooks, and many USB-C laptops such as Dell XPS series. It will charge Macbook Air 2018 almost almost once. The powerbank charges Macbook Air faster than the Macbook’s stock 29/30 watt power adaptor.
Any 30-watt USB-C PD charger, including any Macbook Pro/Air charger, will charge the RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD in about 4 hours. Beside the USB-C port, it can also be charged through the micro-USB port as well.
RAVPower 20000 45-watt PD weighs around 14.1 oz (398 grams) and has dimensions of 6.3 x 3.0 x 0.9 inches.
- Fast charges the S9 from fully drained to 50% battery level in about 30 minutes
- Charges S9 about 4.5 times
- Charges Macbook Air almost once
- Charges most Chromebooks and Dell XPS 13 laptops – 9350/9360/9370/9365 and Dell XPS 15 9570/9575
- Battery capacity of 20000 mAh will charge the Samsung S9 four times
- Fast-charges latest Samsung/Android phones and all iPhones/iPads, including 11, 11 Pro/Max, XS/XR and new 2018/2019 iPads
- Gets recharged in 4 hours by any 30-watt USB-C PD wall charger as well as Macbook chargers
- Comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable
- Weighs around 14.1 oz
- A bit bulky at 14.2 oz (400 grams) but still the lightest 45-watt PD portable charger
Best Compact Power Bank for Samsung Galaxy S9 (Runner-Up)
RAVPower 10000 mAh QC 3.0
RAVPower 10000 mAh QC 3.0 is a sleek and slim fast-charging portable charger for the S9 that has a 10000 mAh battery capacity, adequate for charging the Samsung S9 two times.
The power bank will fast-charge the Samsung S9 from zero to 50% in about 30 minutes. It fully supports Adaptive Fast Charging, which enables it to fast-charge the other latest Samsung phones such as S10, S10 Plus, S9 Plus, S8, etc. as well.
RAVPower 10000 mAh QC 3.0 supports QuickCharge 3.0 output that fast charges all QuickCharge 3.0 compatible Android phones such as LG G8, G7, G6, V50, V40, V30 from zero to 50% in 30 minutes. It will charge iPhones and older Androids via 2.4 amp charging.
The Samsung S9 charger or any other QuickCharge 3.0 charger will charge the RAVPower 10000 mAh QC 3.0 in about 3.5 hours through the micro-USB port.
The power bank weighs 7.2 oz (210 grams). It has dimensions of 5.8 x 2.8 x 0.6 inches. RAVPower 10000 mAh QC 3.0 has a matte outer finish an comes with rounded corners that make it easy to slide in and take out of pockets.
- 10000 mAh battery size gives two full charges to Samsung S9
- Supports fast-charging of S9 as fast as the Samsung charger – zero to 50% in about 30 minutes
- Reasonably priced
- Light in weight at 7.2 oz (210 grams)
- Gets recharged in 3.5 hours through the micro-USB port, by Samsung S9 charger or any QC 3.0 charger
- Fast-charges other latest Samsung phones and QuickCharge 3.0 compatible Android phones such as Mi 9/8, LG G8, V40 etc.
- No USB-A to USB-C cable included for charging the S9. You can charge the S9 without buying any extra cable by using the micro-USB to USB-C connector that comes in the S9 package with the included micro-USB cable to charge the S9.