Wireless power banks are a relatively rare category of portable chargers. Wireless power banks can also charge your phone continuously without using a cable by simply placing your phone (or smartwatch) on top of the power bank. This is very handy while working or during travel. You can also use wireless power banks like normal power banks and charge phones normally using cable. In the last 2-3 years, many manufacturers have released wireless power banks but there are very few quality wireless power banks currently in the market.
While selecting best wireless power banks, we found that most wireless powerbanks in the market had poor build quality or had inconsistent charging or questionable customer service/warranty record. In fact, most of these unreliable wireless power banks in the market were virtually clones of each other just with different brand names (quite weird names!). They usually also had manipulated or fake high product ratings on their product pages. We hope that the number of quality wireless power banks (and wireless charging cases) will increase in future as wireless charging is a very convenient feature.
As wireless charging is a very different experience from a wired power bank, buying from a reputed brand name gives you the freedom of an effortless replacement/return during the replacement or warranty period (12-18 months), in case the product does not meet your expectations.
Before we go further, here are things to keep in mind about wireless power banks –
- iPhones : iPhones support 7.5-watt maximum wireless charging. The Apple charger that comes with most iPhones (iPhone 11, XR, XS, XS Max, X/8/8+/7/6s/6) is a 5-watt charger. Hence, most iPhones will get charged by wireless power banks about 50% faster than the stock Apple 5-watt charger that came with the iPhone. 7.5-watt wireless charging means about 50% charge in 1 hour to 1 hr 20 mins for most new iPhones. The newer iPhones (11 Pro, 11 Pro Max,) come with a 18-watt PD charger that charges Phones at speed of zero to 50% in 30 mins.
- Android phones: Most Samsung/Pixel and other Android phones support maximum 10-watt wireless charging. Hence, wireless power banks charge Samsung/LG/Pixel/Huawei phones at about half the speed of most stock Samsung/Pixel/LG/Moto wall chargers (18-watt) that come with your phone. 10-watt wireless charging means about 50% charge in 50-60 minutes for most new phones. Full charging takes minimum 2+ hours.
- All wireless power banks can also function as wired power banks. In wired mode, the wireless power bank will charge your phone at almost twice times the speed in wireless mode. This is very useful if you want to quickly charge your phone. Wired charging also saves battery and is handy when you need to get maximum battery backup from your power bank.
- Wireless charging is about 25-30% less efficient than wired charging. So if you are far away from AC power outlets and want to maximize your powerbank’s battery, it is better to charge in wired mode. A 10000 mAh wireless powerbank will charge an S20 or S10 about 1.5 times in wireless mode but charge it 2 times in wired mode.
Here is our collection of the best wireless power banks currently available in the market on the basis of observed charging performance, build quality, charging speed, weight/size, and customer support.
Best Wireless Powerbank for iPhones, Samsung Phones & Google Pixels
Aukey 10000 18-watt USB-C PD + Quickcharge 3.0 Wireless Charging Power bank (18-watt wired & 10-watt wireless)
Aukey 10000 18-watt USB-C PD wireless power bank is our top pick among wireless power banks for iPhones and Google Pixels. Aukey 10000 Wireless power bank offers a very good balance between features, price, build quality, weight and customer service which makes it the best power bank in our opinion to try wireless charging.
Aukey 10000 Wireless power bank portable charger will charge iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XR/SE 2/XS/XS Max/8/8+ and most Qi wireless charging compatible Android smartphones (such as S20/S20+/S10/S9/S8/Note 9/8/LG G6/G7) from 20% to 100% two times in wireless mode and from zero to 100% two times in wired mode. It will fully charge iPhone 8 about 2.4 times in wireless mode and about three times in wired mode.
The powerbank itself will get charged in about 4.5 hours using a 18-watt iPhone 11 Pro USB-C charger. Most chargers that come with newer iPhones/Android phones these days can supply 18-watt PD or Quickcharge output and can be used to charge Aukey 10000 Wireless power bank. If you have slower Apple 5-watt charger, the power bank will take about 12 hours to get charged with it.
Aukey 10000 Wireless power bank measures 6.1 inches x 2.9 x .6 inch and weighs around 8 oz (250gm). The powerbank is quite slim and can be used both as a charging pad and as an handheld power bank.
The powerbank supports maximum supported charging speed for both latest iPhones (7.5 watt) and for latest Samsung phones (10-watt).
Another great plus for Aukey 10000 Wireless power bank is Aukey’s excellent 18 month warranty. This, coupled with the responsive service, makes Aukey 10000 Wireless power bank our top pick as wireless powerbank.
- Passthrough wireless charging support. The power bank can be charged while it is charging phones. This allows you to keep it fully topped up while you charge your phone. No
- 18-watt USB-C PD support means it fast charges latest iPhones 11, 11 Pro, /XR from zero to 50% in 30 mins
- Also fast charges latest Samsung phones and Pixels/LG/Huawei/Moto phones from zero to 50% in 30 mins
- Supports both 18-watt USB-C PD and Quickcharge 3.0 in wired mode
- Supports fast 10-watt Samsung wireless charging
- Supports fast 7.5-watt wireless charging for new iPhones 11/XR etc.
- Powerbank gets charged in just 4.5 hours
- Excellent build quality, robust enough for heavy use.
- Can charge two devices at once – one in wireless mode and one in wired mode.
- 5-watt wireless charging output is decent
- Charges both Qi charging compatible Androids and iPhones
- Stylish 0.6 inch slim design
- USB-C to USB-C cable included.
Best Wireless Powerbank for Samsung Phones
Samsung 10000 Wireless USB-C fast-charging power bank (15-watt wired & 7.5-watt wireless)
Samsung 10000 Wireless USB-C portable charger is our next top best choice as fast charging wireless+wired 2-in-1 powerbank for Samsung S20, S20+, S10, S10+, S9, S9+, S8, Note 10/9, Note 8 and other Samsung Phones that support wireless charging.
Wireless power banks free you from cables and allow you to simply put the phone on top of the power bank for charging. This enables you to quickly pick it up and answer calls or see messages whenever needed without bothering with the cable.
Released in April 2019 by Samsung, Samsung 10000 Wireless portable charger provides 100% compatible, and most versatile power backup solution for all Samsung phones including S10, S10+, S10e, S9/S9+ as it offers both compatible fast wireless charging (7.5-watt) and fastest wired charging (15-watt) for the Samsungs. It is a USB-C input powerbank that can be charged directly with your Samsung S or Note chargers in just 4 hours.
In wired mode, Samsung 10000 Wireless USB-C portable charger will fully charge S10, S10e, S9, S9+, S8, S7, S6, Note 8 etc. two times. It will charge S10+ and Note 9 about 1.6 times. It will charge Samsung phones at their maximum possible 15-watt charging speed (zero to 50% in 30 mins) in wired mode.
In wireless mode, Samsung 10000 Wireless USB-C portable charger will charge S10, S10e, S9, S9+, S8, S7, S6, Note 8 etc. about 1.5 times. It will charge S10+ and Note 9 about one time. Besides Samsungs, Samsung 10000 Wireless charger will also wirelessly charge iPhone 11, 11 Pro, XS, XR, X, XS Max, 8, and 8+. It also fast-charges all other Qi phones such as Google Pixels.
Samsung 10000 Wireless charger supports 10-watt Qi wireless charging and charges latest Samsung phones at 10-watt wireless charging speed (zero to 50% in about 50 minutes).
Samsung 10000 Wireless USB-C portable charger i has a weight of 7.5 oz (238 gm) making it the lightest wireless fast-charging 10000mah portable charger for S10, S9, S8.
- Supports fast wireless charging (7.5-watt) for latest Samsung phones including S20/S20+/S10+/S10.
- Supports fast wired charging (15-watt) for latest Samsung phones including S20/S20+/S10/S10+.
- Can charge two phones/devices at once – one wirelessly and one with cable
- Works as a wireless charging pad when plugged in to power.
- Can wirelessly charge Samsung Galaxy watch and other Qi devices such as wireless earbuds etc.
- Zero to 50% charge for S10+, S20, S20+, S10, S9+, S9, S8, S7, Note 10/9/8 in about 30 mins
- Qi wireless support allows it to deliver fastest wireless charging (10-watt) for latest iPhones 11, 11 Pro, XR/XS etc. and Pixel 4, 4 XL, 3/3 XL etc.
- USB-C charging for the powerbank directly using Samsung chargers
- Slim design
- Fully charges in 4 hours with standard Samsung USB-C chargers that come with S10/20, S9, S8, Note 9, Note 8 etc.
- No USB-C PD wired fast-charging support for fast-charging iPhones 11/11 Pro/XR/XS/8/8+. This makes it unsuitable for latest iPhones.
Best Wireless Powerbank for iPhones & Samsung/Pixels (Distant Runner-Up – Get only if priced really low)
Mophie Powerstation Wireless 10000 (10.5-watt wired & 5-watt wireless)
Mophie Powerstation Wireless 10000 is our last pick as wireless powerbank. This power bank offers a bit slow wireless charging speed (5-watt) and does not offer 18-watt USB-C PD wired fast-charging for new iPhones or Android phones. Mophie Powerstation Wireless 10000 will charge all Qi wireless charging compatible Android smartphones (such as Galaxy S20/S20+/S10/S10+/S9/S8/Note 10/9/8/LG G6/G7) and iPhone 11/11 Pro/Max/XR/XS/XS/Max/X/8/8+ at 5 watt charging speeds.
Just like the Aukey 10000, it charges the iPhone 11/XR/XS/S10/S9/S8 about 1.5 times while charging in wireless mode and about twice in wired mode. Mophie Powerstation Wireless 10000 will fully charge iPhone 8, which has a much smaller 2000mah battery, about 2.5 times in wireless mode and about 3 times in wired mode.
The PowerStation Wireless will get charged in about 8 hours using a 2.4 amp wall charger such as the iPad wall charger. In fact, almost all chargers that come with newer Android phones these days can supply 2/2.4 amps @5V and can be used to charge the powerbank.
Mophie Powerstation Wireless 10000 measures 5.2 inches x 2.7 x .6 inches and weighs around 8.5 oz (250gm). It has a grippy rubber charging surface which is handy for placing the phone without slipping.
The powerbank comes with 24 month warranty, which is great. Mophie Powerstation Wireless 10000 is priced almost same as Aukey 10000 USB-C PD wireless power bank though it offers no USB-C PD or Quickcharge 3.0 wired fast-charging and offers similar build quality. Lack of USB-C PD fast-charging makes it only our second choice after the Aukey 10000 USB-C PD wireless power bank .
- Passthrough charging support – powerbank can also be charged while it is charging phones.
- Will Charge both Qi compatible Androids and iPhones
- Good build quality with grippy charging surface.
- Will charge two devices at once – one via wireless charging and other via cable.
- Decent 2.1 amp charging speed when charging phones by cable (about zero to 50% in 50 mins for most phones).
- 24 month warranty
- No USB-C PD fast-charging for iPhones or Androids
- No 18-watt fast-charging for power bank means it takes longer (8 hours min) to charge.
- No USB-C port for charging power-bank. All new Android phones come with USB-C chargers.